MESH HEAD AND BODY.

Luci Ohmai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI all.

I'm getting stalked all over sl by an ex, making new people using alts etc being abusive so i want to use an alt i created about 4 yrs ago.

However i'm on  budget and this alt isnt up to date, on my main avi i have a  basic catwa head and slink body and found them both easy to use, however those two plus a decent skin comes to 3k more or less.  I'd like to get  a mesh head and body so i can use my alt, ive seen one place offering an avi with a mesh head for 99l. (link) https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Liliana-Complet-Avatar-Mesh-Head/10718547  and the ocacin mesh body for 250.  my question is this has anyone used that body and will it fit clothes for slink/matr/etc all the usual ones? or will i be stuck with only a handful of clothes it will fit.  REALLY want to update and use this alt but as cheaply as possible.  thanks for reading and any help, maybe someone knows of  a better cheap mesh body etc.

I dont want to tell you what you have to do, and i dont want to turn the topic into something else, but you should ask yourself, if you really want to dump your main avatar because of someone else?
What, if he/she finds out about your alt one day, somehow? Starting all over again, with a freebie mesh head and body?

Im sure there are better ways to deal with stalkers. Like ignoring, if you have the strength to. 

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
  • Like 1

i have reported, ignored, blocked you name it ive done it, im hoping he will get bored in time.  but in the meantime i cant play sl without this drama, when i just want to enjoy myself. Hence getting an alt up to date as cheaply as possible.

1 minute ago, Luci Ohmai said:

i have reported, ignored, blocked you name it ive done it, im hoping he will get bored in time.  but in the meantime i cant play sl without this drama, when i just want to enjoy myself. Hence getting an alt up to date as cheaply as possible.

move your life, if you can't be on sl without avoiding him there's some steps possible to do,

... don't go to the places he knows you go, clear possible picks from favorite locations, hide certain groups.

And more difficult... monitor the ones on your friendslist... previous mutual friends might have less good intentions for you than you expect.

Don't let such thing touch your wallet, unless you really want a new start.. but you can also make new starts with your current account, but you have to be very strict for yourself to keep away from your regular places.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luci Ohmai said:

Ok, luckily i never got into a situation like this... so i better shut up, because i dont know how much you stalker affects you. Even though, stay with your main! ;)

Body Shape For Maitreya Lara + Catwa Head Shape 
Beautiful Liliana Tall/Thick/Curvy Shape for Lara Maitreya Mesh Body + Catwa Head Shape , Eve Mesh Body

But the link you shared looks like, its just a shape. Nothing else. Although the headline says something different.

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo

I would say to use the marketplace to find clothes that do fit that body. According to the description nearly all Meli Imako clothing works for it. If I recall she's put out a pretty sizeable amount on her own. I personally feel that it's less important to have the biggest variety of clothing provided the clothing that is available is to your taste. And if you enjoy modding, you can make even a small selection of clothing go a long way.

It's really nice to see more modifiable bodies appearing on the market. Right now I'm holding out to see if clothing support appears for the Psicorp bodies.

45 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

move your life, if you can't be on sl without avoiding him there's some steps possible to do,

... don't go to the places he knows you go, clear possible picks from favorite locations, hide certain groups.

And more difficult... monitor the ones on your friendslist... previous mutual friends might have less good intentions for you than you expect.

Don't let such thing touch your wallet, unless you really want a new start.. but you can also make new starts with your current account, but you have to be very strict for yourself to keep away from your regular places.

its hard when its the places people you know go, and it feels like starting all over again might be my only option unfortunately untill he gets bored.

If you are really strapped for L$ a mesh head isn't essential and you can pick up somewhat feature limited versions of both eBody's for L$1 each there's a decent range of clothing made for both bodies and they work will with standard sizing and fit mesh sized clothes the feet are mostly compatible with slink

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Luci Ohmai said:

ive seen one place offering an avi with a mesh head for 99l. (link) https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Liliana-Complet-Avatar-Mesh-Head/10718547  and the ocacin mesh body for 250.  my question is this has anyone used that body and will it fit clothes for slink/matr/etc all the usual ones? or will i be stuck with only a handful of clothes it will fit.  REALLY want to update and use this alt but as cheaply as possible.  thanks for reading and any help, maybe someone knows of  a better cheap mesh body etc.

As Resi Pfeffer already said, that is not a body, nor a head. It is a shape when worn with Catwa mesh head and one of the bodies, will look like the pictures. Without the mesh head, it will probably look distorted.

By reading the ad again, it is really more and more confusing. But it has a demo. The link to the demo goes to another product.... That is a Marketplace store I would avoid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

That is a Marketplace store I would avoid.

Seconded. One review states that it's just a shape, and then when you look at the contents, you see this:

warning.PNG.7e4ba897260a5dea274c2cfe569f6bc3.PNG

Many MANY warning signs there. For a L$99 item that's a lot of stuff. Lots of duplicate items, multiple shapes that appear ONLY to work with Catwa mesh heads, plus a 'mesh head' as well. You might not be aware of this, but most (not all, but most) mesh heads - Catwa included - won't look right with shapes that are created for other mesh heads.

Also, if you go to that specific store's main Marketplace page and look for the ad they have for a 'full perm mesh head' you'll see a very irate review from the head's original creator. I won't paste it here, but it only takes a moment to find it. Having read that, I wouldn't touch anything from this store with a ten-foot bargepole...

• Like 1

Back to the ORIGINAL question and I think it is just find to make a change (hopefully temporary) to get out of the dra-ma (been there but have a business and other responsibilities so that makes it a bit different). 

Ebody FREE is a good body and there are plenty of clothes that will fit eBody free including some that are free. (many actually). My alt is an eBody blogger so if you see her on my blog you will know that the clothes fit eBody. She always notes if they will ALSO fit eBody FREE.  Flat shoes don't work well but most things look great. Maitreya is often the closest fit but just as all "Maitreya clothes " don't actually FIT Maitreya (sigh) the same happens with eBody. There is NO applier with eBody free so you need to find a skin for the head that coordinates well with the choices (many) of skin tones.  Lighter tones are easier to match up closely. 

Chic at Phil's Place is the blog and Di looks like this -- on the left. I wear Maitreya and most of the other gals do to, so looking for HER is key.

Altamura often has free heads. Actually there is a free non-Bento head there now but it doesn't take appliers. Still, joining the group or watching for advertisements for it will likely get you a nice head. Di is wearing Gizelle which is fully omega compatible and it was free with group join of $40. Sami (on the right) is wearing the same Bento Gizelle head after giving up her Letluka because of applier issues :D.  

Altamura also has frequent deals on all in one avatars (heads and body). Sometimes free (no appliers or other extras) or full version with the latest that I know of being at Skin Fair for $300.  That one was a "younger" looking body and thinner. So it sort of depends what you are looking for. 

gym.thumb.jpg.c6da2dfa8a62ef5c5d153839b5bc4127.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

Regarding the stalker situation, I too would say stay with your main as you may have already invested quite a bit into it. You can:

Check the box to disallow your name from showing up in search.
Hide your groups.
Turn on decline all friendship requests.
Turn on only listed friends and groups you are in can IM you.
Don't list teleport points to your actual physical places on the grid that you frequent, keep the picks but just use a sandbox to refer to the teleport point until you think it's safe again.
Be cautious about posting your frustrations about a stalker on a public forum that shares your in-world name.
If you have land, turn off public access, yes this will cause a banline, but at the end of the day your feeling of safety is important and banlines don't have to be forever.
Don't attack or say disparaging things in your profile about the one who is stalking you.
Always remember that SL is a big virtual world, take the time away from your usual hangouts to find new ones.
Always remember that SL is what -you- make it. If you don't want to see it derender. If you don't want to talk to it use ignore/block. 
Not only have you invested money into your main, but you pay for the Internet connection of which you use to log onto SL. You've paid for the machine that enables you to be able to be on Second life - all these things are in your control. It is your world. 
Never -ever-  let anyone take that away from you. They are on the other side of the monitor - don't let them get inside your head too. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.