MD ankle cuffs working differently then the wrist ones.

Taramafor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So the issue is this. Wrist cuffs=cuffed together just fine with no issues on what I'm "sitting" on (or lying).

BUT as soon as the ankle cuffs are "tied" together it clips me through whatever I'm sitting on.

I can't remember if I've managed to have my ankles tied together before when lying on something without clipping through it or not. Either way is there a solution to this? Or do I have to get new cuffs or something? I kind of like the style of the ones I have (after a bit of recolouring). It would be mainly for "lying" poses then sitting ones.

Mad Alice Manacles 4.3 btw.

2 minutes ago, Taramafor said:

BUT as soon as the ankle cuffs are "tied" together it clips me through whatever I'm sitting on.

Sounds like the animation in the cuffs is a higher priority to the one in the furniture, so the cuffs take over and you stand up/nadu/whatever.

If they are mod and COPY and the animation is inside them, you can try replacing it with any low priority animation (delete old, copy in new, rename new to old name exactly) but that's going to break those cuffs for real chaining. Maybe make a folder and label it "for furniture". A stand from your normal AO might be low enough priority.

29 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Sounds like the animation in the cuffs is a higher priority to the one in the furniture, so the cuffs take over and you stand up/nadu/whatever.

If they are mod and COPY and the animation is inside them, you can try replacing it with any low priority animation (delete old, copy in new, rename new to old name exactly) but that's going to break those cuffs for real chaining. Maybe make a folder and label it "for furniture". A stand from your normal AO might be low enough priority.

So if I find a way to make the animation for the legs being tied together a lower priority it should override the animation? Would that mean I'd be lying on a bed with the legs tied together? Is there a way to set your avatar and anything you have on as lower priority? I know there's settings in the menu to fix animations when you get stuck in them. Not sure if you can set an animation from an item/AO onto furniture you're on though.

The ankle cuffs only have one script in them. My guess is the other scripts are hidden. Actually considered swapping OC scripts with the MD collar but not sure if that had hidden scripts in it or not (there's a lot of visible scripts on the MD collar though. But just one with the ankles. MD collar settings seem to be the same as the OC one anyway). I'd rather not replace scripts on the ankle cuffs it's something that's locked. That actually brings up another question. Is there a way to "save" positions/size of items for two different avatars or would I have to manually move/reshape the cuffs when changing into a different form (in this case it would be a feral form). I might not be able to unlock but I can edit, which involves moving/resizing. Also is there a "position number" like with colours? If I can copy and paste that as well it would make "resizing" every time I switch forms easier. Otherwise I'll just have to manually move them.

While we're on the subject of AOs I sometimes have to turn an AO off to actually use some furniture. Makes me think there should be a "priority number" a player can assign for things. 1 for AO and 2 for furniture or/and vice depending on which someone wants to use over another. Then you wouldn't need to turn the AO back on when standing again. I think in this case the pose I'm using is more "body part" specific. What baffles me is how arms work and legs don't. Now that I think about it I think I once played a game that involved cuffing body parts together when sitting on chairs and it worked fine on that. Not MD cuffs though. The game gave you the items and hud. Forgot the name of the game though. Actually does anyone know?

Edited by Taramafor

15 minutes ago, Taramafor said:

So if I find a way to make the animation for the legs being tied together a lower priority it should override the animation? Would that mean I'd be lying on a bed with the legs tied together? Is there a way to set your avatar and anything you have on as lower priority?

Every animation has a priority from 1 to 5 (I think it's 5). This is set by the animator when they upload the animation.

When your ankle cuffs are chained together they likely play an animation with priority 5 so that your AO is overwritten, that of course also overwrites the furniture. I've seen some cuffs also play a high priority animation when you walk that makes you hop. Again, at 5 so that it's higher than your AO.

Is there a way to set your avatar and anything you have on as lower priority? I know there's settings in the menu to fix animations when you get stuck in them. Not sure if you can set an animation from an item/AO onto furniture you're on though.

Sadly not, it's done at upload time.

The ankle cuffs only have one script in them.

Ah, pity, then this behaviour can't be fixed with the standard script. Changing to other scripts can be time consuming and difficult as you need to label prims in certain ways so the chains go to the right places.

That actually brings up another question. Is there a way to "save" positions/size of items for two different avatars or would I have to manually move/reshape the cuffs when changing into a different form (in this case it would be a feral form).

Normally you would make two folders, one for your 2 legged size, one for your four legged size. You need to put the real cuffs in, not a link. Then each set will keep the correct spots.

#RLV
    Cuffs
         2 legs
         4 legs
   Muzzle
         2 legs
         4 legs

And you then just nip your Dom's hands until they learns to attach the correct ones.

While we're on the subject of AOs I sometimes have to turn an AO off to actually use some furniture. Makes me think there should be a "priority number" a player can assign for things. 1 for AO and 2 for furniture or/and vice depending on which someone wants to use over another. Then you wouldn't need to turn the AO back on when standing again.

Well, for most 2 legged cases you should turn off the sit override but leave the rest running, in 2 legged mode it's almost never needed. That way the furniture will always work. In feral form you sort of need the sit or your legs go in all directions using human furniture. Which is comical sometimes.

For the 2 legged Zhao based HUDs there was (or used to be) a script that could be placed in your collar that would turn it on or off. Not sure about the Firestorm inbuilt AO, it might be collar aware too.

Edited by Callum Meriman

8 hours ago, Taramafor said:

MD Cuffs, right... you are NOT supposed to sit when using the leg cuff poses, simple as that really, remember these are scripted cuffs with high priority poses, for stand-alone bondage.

They do support lockguard/lockmeister for receiving particle chains from dungeon furniture, but the leg poses are for 'bound' walks and stands.

8 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Yeah high priority, not crappy low priority, that's why they are so popular, the poses don't get overridden by your AO, etc.

8 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

If they are mod and COPY and the animation is inside them, you can try replacing it with any low priority animation (delete old, copy in new, rename new to old name exactly) but that's going to break those cuffs for real chaining

MD's are copy/mod, but replacing the anims is kind of dumb, you are not supposed to use the bind poses in them when using bondage furniture, that's just how they are, same tends to be true of ALL the top brand scripted cuff sets, MD, RR, RF.

7 hours ago, Taramafor said:

The ankle cuffs only have one script in them. My guess is the other scripts are hidden.

NO. The scripts are NOT hidden, MD cuff sets use ONE 'slave' script in each cuff, and TWO "cuff engines" that contain the main scripts, one for the arm cuffs, one for the leg cuffs. That's how they avoid having a pile of scripts in every damn cuff in the set.

. What baffles me is how arms work and legs don't.

It's BONDAGE...  If somebody chains you with your arms behind your back, that doesn't stop you sitting on a kitchen chair, but if they bind you on your knees, it's kind of hard to sit on the chair if you CAN'T STAND UP AND WALK to it...

The leg cuffs work perfectly, doing what they are MEANT to do. Try RTFM.

That actually brings up another question. Is there a way to "save" positions/size of items for two different avatars or would I have to manually move/reshape the cuffs when changing into a different form

One of the reasons MD are so popular is that they are copy mod, so you can have a set sized and positioned for every different avatar "form", you have, human,  bipedal furry etc. Don't bother using them on anything quadruped, they are not made for that and will not work well, wrong kind of poses.

The game gave you the items and hud. Forgot the name of the game though.

Probably 'Bondzee' from RF, and the cuffs in that are made specifically for the game, they are not general purpose scripted cuffs like the MD ones., they are not even like RF's Multi-cuffs, which are closer to the MD style of use, except no copy.

7 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Normally you would make two folders, one for your 2 legged size, one for your four legged size. You need to put the real cuffs in, not a link. Then each set will keep the correct spots.

Actually, NO.

You make a folder in the MD cuffs folder (the folder delivered when you unpack, for each 'copy set' you make, then put links to that set in your RLV as usual, as long as each set of cuffs is resized properly and removed and in its own sub folder, you can use the SAME cuff engines so as to keep settings/owners etc, for all your copy-sets, and  paste the links into the RLV folders.

7 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

For the 2 legged Zhao based HUDs there was (or used to be) a script that could be placed in your collar that would turn it on or off. Not sure about the Firestorm inbuilt AO, it might be collar aware too

The Zhao 2 collar interface script ONLY works with opencollar and its close derivatives, nothing else, it certainly will not work with an MD collar, that's why MD cuffs use high priority animations, and come with an AO included. As for the client side AO in FS... No it's not 'naturally' collar aware, there was a script to fix that for oc users once, not sure if it's still available, as a) you couldn't pay me to use FS and b) I prefer AO huds.

Lonf and the short of it is... Why pay 900 a set for top quality bondage cuffs with high priority animations, including walks, crawls hobbles and struggles, then rip that to hell so you can make them perform as badly as the free "no menus - no features  - no animations" cuffs that dungeon furniture gives away free.

Read The Fugging Manual. I've used MD's for 6 years, they work fine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.