A mainland Island ?? Today's bargain buy !!

Maelstrom Janus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been scouting round and comparing prices I reckon Im selling a bargain piece of land...it's an Island - and a big one -situated in the mainland region of  Carolina..

Pricey maybe but judging by some of the other pieces of land (even those with protected water like this island) I'm underselling by at least 50%..... Our bunnies will be sad to be leaving their home as we will but our loss is someone elses gain...

My only hope is that the person who buys wants all Carolina and isnt going to cut it up to make a bigger profit although Im sure if some one did they'd be bound to make more cash than us.....

Come along and if you dont want to buy at least watch the bunnies having fun  bouncing on their trampoline :D

Here's a slurl  -- enjoy

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Carolina/165/126/22

Edited by Maelstrom Janus

Interesting. I may come have a look-see. Though if you're fearful of frightening away potential buyers by not indicating even a ball-park price it means I'll have to remember to go have a look-see when I get home. My remembering is a 50/50 chance that I will. 

As for 'pricey' or "loss", etc., that's all based on how you value it. It's not "pricey" to me if I find it a fair asking price for the value *I* put on it. It's not a loss to you except with regard to the value *you* put on it. For myself, a large part of that value comes from the 2048 Draw-Distance neighborhood I see, also. :)

9 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Interesting. I may come have a look-see. Though if you're fearful of frightening away potential buyers by not indicating even a ball-park price it means I'll have to remember to go have a look-see when I get home. My remembering is a 50/50 chance that I will. 

As for 'pricey' or "loss", etc., that's all based on how you value it. It's not "pricey" to me if I find it a fair asking price for the value *I* put on it. It's not a loss to you except with regard to the value *you* put on it. For myself, a large part of that value comes from the 2048 Draw-Distance neighborhood I see, also. :)

NOOOOO draw distance there and plenty of neighbors.

"Islands" it is important to note (mostly for new folks that might be confused) can be made in ANY low land by terraforming. This particular plot has plenty of adjoining neighbors, so it isn't actually an island as most folks would suspect. There are waterways but some of those could disappear in a flash. 

Again, posting this mostly for the NEW folks that don't know the ins and outs of SL land. I lived next door (across the Linden road really) to someone who kept advertising land as four sides protected when in actuality it was one side and a partial bit on another. It really is a BUYER BEWARE area -- much like our corporeal world. 

There ARE a few actual mini islands on mainland (or adjoining anyway) that Linden Lab made maybe twelve years ago. Now and then one of those comes up for sale and can be very pricey. You still don't have a long distance view but you ARE protected from any close-by neighbors. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys judge for yourselves myself and Cully arent pulling any fast ones or trying to cheat anyone as implied by a certain other post carolinas great as anyone who uses the slurl to visit can see...and do what I did compare... we're not crafty land dealers....

The land is formed into an island and is mainly surrounded by linden water however if you want to change the place feel free once you buy it its yours to do what you want with. Unfortunately I think my advertising methods must have touched a few sore points in the land dealing business maybe ...but never mind ... and as I say even if youre not buying the antics of the bunnies are far funny than some contributors to the forum :D

"Islands" it is important to note (mostly for new folks that might be confused) can be made in ANY low land by terraforming. This particular plot has plenty of adjoining neighbors, so it isn't actually an island as most folks would suspect. There are waterways but some of those could disappear in a flash. 

'Only' if the land allows and not all mainland goes down to sea level. it also connects to protected sea -- so there will always be sea access. 

8 minutes ago, Maelstrom Janus said:

ooops is Chic Aeon the right person to be discussing the surrounds of sims I wonder, a few people who bought this item from her on marketplace might disagree - clearly the sort of item many of us have no doubt had to put up with adjoining us too....

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Full-Sim-City-Night-Surround/4857490?page=2

How is that even related to your "island"?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

How is that even related to your "island"?

It isn't,  and most people on the Merchant forum know the story behind those "reviews" :D.

Since there were both demos inworld and on the Marketplace to see and try I can't say that those reports hold a lot of -- well let's say credibility.  And since I have sold several thousands of said surrounds and folks see them OFTEN, I would say that those reviews from a time period ago haven't made much impact. :ph34r:

MY point was that most folks (including the first respondee) think of "island" as just that. This land has many neighboring plots that adjoin it. It would be more appropriate to call it "protected by Linden waterway" (on two sides I think as I walked a few edges and what looked like a waterway wasn't a LINDEN waterway ). We see a lot of confusing post from folks selling land here. Oldtimers know all the differences in terms. New folks almost always are VERY confused (and that is certainly appropriate as buying land is confusing). 

No worries here Fionalien :SwingingFriends: 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

It isn't,  and most people on the Merchant forum know the story behind those "reviews" :D.

Since there were both demos inworld and on the Marketplace to see and try I can't say that those reports hold a lot of -- well let's say credibility.  And since I have sold several thousands of said surrounds and folks see them OFTEN, I would say that those reviews from a time period ago haven't made much impact. :ph34r:

MY point was that most folks (including the first respondee) think of "island" as just that. This land has many neighboring plots that adjoin it. It would be more appropriate to call it "protected by Linden waterway" (on two sides I think as I walked a few edges and what looked like a waterway wasn't a LINDEN waterway ). We see a lot of confusing post from folks selling land here. Oldtimers know all the differences in terms. New folks almost always are VERY confused (and that is certainly appropriate as buying land is confusing). 

No worries here Fionalien :SwingingFriends: 

Take your chip on the shoulder grudge somewhere else...typical dubious market place seller dismissing her customers...talking of credibility lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.