The SL-recommended draw distance setting for approach & landings of planes

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I still have a hard time configuring the proper draw distance, to approach & land with good vision of the airports I use, to land single engine planes & military jets.

If Second life know the safe draw distance setting without "crashing", I sure would like to here what it is--------smiles.

SL-Jet  Landing.PNG

6 answers to this question

When I fly I usually have it pretty high (320 but that is still low compared to what others might use)... but i mostly use map for orientation (and have all other LOD sliders but objects at minimum, as well as all avatars impostered)

Edited by Fionalein

There is no single setting. The setting varies based on the capability of one's computer.

Each person needs to experiment to find what works best for them.

The little TV screen in the upper right, top menu, will let you quickly change your graphics settings. So, you might use different settings for fast and slow movers. 

The big challenge is crossing region boundaries. Any runway that is near a region boundary will be a difficult landing. The problems can be mitigated somewhat by reducing the number of scripts your avatar is using.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The answers is probably why I use different SL-Viewers, for testing each one of them on my computer, for draw distance readiness of plane flights.

I would have to make notated calculations of each viewer I use, to precise plane flights & landings.

I feel all factors with performance of graphics during SL flight is primarily dependent on client cpu AND connection. So for best...  a true ‘gamers’ grade cpu on a fiber connection!  

Anything less... you’ll need to continue to test and seek what works for you. All’s pretty much similar to dealing with high complexity, as well. I’ve given up flights, except in helicopters! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.