Sign in to follow this  
ChibiDragon007

Best settings for Second Life Viewer on Macbook Pro 2016?

I currently use a Macbook Pro (a late 2016 model) with the latest OS and such. i sometimes play around in Second Life and I've noticed that either the graphics take a downturn wherever I go or my laptop gets a bit too warm. For those of you who play on Macbooks can you give me an idea of the best settings to have for my viewer? I use the Linden Labs viewer since the latest update happened and I wanted to try it out, and it makes my laptop less hot than the FireStorm viewer.

Got specs to list? A Radeon Pro + mobile i7QM of some kind is going to have drastically different performance compared to say, an i5 7200u and HD620

15 hours ago, cykarushb said:

Got specs to list? A Radeon Pro + mobile i7QM of some kind is going to have drastically different performance compared to say, an i5 7200u and HD620

5ae096b0902e3_ScreenShot2018-04-25at10_54_13AM.png.1dcc0c3b774b4bcca43ef33fc1f9bc14.png

Here's my specs - forgot to post them!

You should be good with general medium, under 128m draw distance, no advanced lighting

but bump mapping and shiny will be fine, most stuff at higher settings on the slider 

shadows and shaders in the advance lighting will kill your fps

and lots of avatars will also affect frame rate heavily but that's not easily avoidable 

On 4/25/2018 at 11:50 PM, cykarushb said:

You should be good with general medium, under 128m draw distance, no advanced lighting

but bump mapping and shiny will be fine, most stuff at higher settings on the slider 

shadows and shaders in the advance lighting will kill your fps

and lots of avatars will also affect frame rate heavily but that's not easily avoidable 

Thank you for the help! I'll try to play with my settings and figure out a good balance. :)