How long have you been a Resident of Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Residents!

For those of you who missed it - there is as pretty cool updated infograph that we shared yesterday as part of our look back at the last 15 years in Second Life.

It got me thinking about the time I have spent inworld - both prior to my working at Linden Lab, and my time here. My question to you is - how many of the last 15 years have you been part of the Second Life community?

For me - as Resident it has been almost 12 years and coming up on 7 as a Linden!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jae Villa said:

Like 4 years in total... 2006 - 2009 and then 2017 - ? 

A lot changed in between! But it still has that intoxicating "possibility" that is always there... just around the corner. That's why it is so addictive.

I think a lot of us have taken a break here and there, but you're right - it evolves. Some things remain the same, but lots changes and I know the product team has a lot of projects like EEP! and bakes on mesh to keep pushing things forward. I am especially impressed still by Bento and how so many creators adopted that to make SL an even more beautiful place to spend time!

• Like 1

9 addictive years.  I actually took a break of a week once because the hospital had crap wifi 9_9   When I was ill and housebound a couple of years ago, in SL I could be normal.  Walk, dance, explore and hold conversations without the sad pity faces that I got in RL.  In SL I could continue to be me, not sick me.  I don't think it is too dramatic to say it stopped me falling into a depression.  

• Like 6

I have been a user of Second Life since October 30th 2006 - nearly twelve years now.

There are some places I dearly miss ... the four sim Acropolis complex, Numbakulla and a few other, more Adult places.

I also rather miss the old Mentor program (of which I was a part) and really wish Linden Lab still allowed for potential Lindens to work/attend any meetings remotely (most notably the old Liaisons and similar were allowed to do this as their 'work' was primarily "In World").

• Like 1

My Sugar Mommy (the only alt with PIOF) is 11 years old. I explored only very briefly with that avatar before losing interest. I returned as Maddy some months later, just over 10 years ago. My current incarnation is 7.5 years old. My youngest avatar is RootBeerDrinkingLampShade, who's four and may not have been in-world yet (I can't remember).

• Thanks 1

A few months over 11 years for my original avi and just shy of 11 years for Lil. From sometime in 2012 until early 2017, I only logged in about once a month and seldom stayed inworld long - that was my 'extended break' period.

It was actually these new forums that got me back here and soon after that back inworld daily.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Sixty-three Second Life Years since I signed up, considering that one day cycle in SL corresponds to four real-life hours. Although, I must admit, I have been offline now and then, so my avatar likely aged significantly less than that.

The amazing thing is - Lil has not aged a day in all this time.  She is still the same 30-yr old that she was the day she rezzed.  :D

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.