How to individualize your avatar.. according to me.

CougEr Vultee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, that's an easy one... for many. But for those that are still obscurelly searching for an answer, well... The answer is knowing who you are. I could say, "would like to be" but that requires a constant effort and let's face it, if you're here regularly in world. you'd have  came to relax and being someone else is hard work. Sooner or later, the real you emerges and takes over that, by now, long gone or lost interest in it person you wanted to be.  It's a natural process and most every one go through it. This brings a "new life" in any gamer's world, in Second life, an ALT!  That doesn't mean Stop, not at all. It means a new character, to individualize and this time different cause last one, well..  just didn't work.

Methods

So you can even become an expert at individualize characters. A good friend of mine does that, it's his way of having fun on SL.  So the expert at individualize an avatar should start by knowing onself. Looks,  are very important. We want to strike as very cool. But not too cool. Penetrating looks are the best. It causes attention at standing out and makes other wonder... Questions for the more derring, thus curiosity, This last is always a great ingredient at individualize.  Make sure you get some nice body animation to add to your standard AO. Keep it in theme of Curiosity. Original animations work best. So not common animations, And whilst on that subject, please... Restrain some how, hold on to that unstoppable desire to poke your tongue out, too many times. For that's a medical condition in RL and very serious.  lmao. 

Start with a good head and equally good body. Even there girls, please look around. Enough of bumpy  brazilian style asses, There is a world  of other creative excellent bodies, Look at the asses I'd say... 

The actual shaping of a character starts with a good skin, The more expensive the more realistic, in my opinion. You can make some alterations (Sliders) to your head shape, size and so forth and can change so much the look of that skin you originally saw, bought and loved, This is the part of your real self you can add to make your avatar more you. It is you after all that wants to come out there. So show them who you are.

Dress code o non dress code. 

What to wear in second life.

SL is casual wear, Tank tops hoodies and jeans. I am not going to advertise anyone here. Why should I express my preference of clothes labels?  The majority of people here seams to be trend followers and I must admit, for fashion, in both males and especially in female there is an incredible selection of amazing clothes, shoes and accessories for both male and female, Tatts are favourites but are they making you look like so many others...? If you going to get a tattoo, think about one that you like, then have it custom made. A tattoo is a message, so say who you are. It all goes towards individualising your avatar.

I'm going to end it here for the time being. Let's open a discussions about those bits mentioned above. 

Thank you for reading me. 

Snoopy

Sorry Italian, no spell check.  :( 

7 minutes ago, CougEr Vultee said:

SL is casual wear, Tank tops hoodies and jeans.

Stands on the spot with a hollow glare into the empty space before him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, CougEr Vultee said:

SL is casual wear, Tank tops hoodies and jeans

Please explain. I'm not sure if thats really what you want to say...

Tatts are favourites but are they making you look like so many others...? If you going to get a tattoo, think about one that you like, then have it custom made. A tattoo is a message, so say who you are. It all goes towards individualising your avatar.

I don't think its necessary to get a custom made tattoo (thats also way too expensive for the majority of people, as you would be paying someone a wage for graphic design work...). My avatar wears store brought tattoos and so far, I haven't run into any "clones" of myself. I even got some people, who complimented my choice of tattoos, because they hadn't seen some like that before. Tattoos aren't much different from other accesoirs. There are so many stores to chose from, that its unlikely to constantly meet others, who wear the exact same stuff.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I see, so let me get this straight, the way to be an individual, is to do what you do. I guess that is the way most of the world thinks now

And that's what we call herd mentality.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CougEr Vultee said:

The answer is knowing who you are. I could say, "would like to be" but that requires a constant effort and let's face it, if you're here regularly in world. you'd have  came to relax and being someone else is hard work. Sooner or later, the real you emerges and takes over that, by now, long gone or lost interest in it person you wanted to be.

Flicks my tail left to right, then back again, and mews somewhat annoyed as I extract my claws.

2 hours ago, CougEr Vultee said:

But I like exciting cutting edge clothing.

Tank tops, hoodies and jeans? No thanks, it's that thinking which is destroying Men's fashion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

So tank tops, hoodies and jeans have replaced long hair, no shirt and leather pants? Okay, that's fine by me. Tattoos aren't that significant to me. They are just like wearing any other piece of clothing that you can put on and and take off. I agree totally with having a good AO. As humans we read non-verbal cues such as body language and having good animations helps with first impressions. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CougEr Vultee said:

What ever flips my switch on that day.  It also depends on what I want to do, where I want to go, how I want people to perceive me, etc.

@Couger, while it looks like people disagree to a point, thanks for putting this out there for discussion.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, CougEr Vultee said:

So, you're saying the way to "Individualise" ones avatar is to...

Wear the same "Faddidas-Crike Clown-Max Inflatable Designer Running Shoes (tm)" and "Mugger-Thug Hoodie" and Jeans that everyone else wears...

Right...

5 hours ago, CougEr Vultee said:

The actual shaping of a character starts with a good skin, The more expensive the more realistic, in my opinion

Experience teaches that some of the WORST skins in SL, have, historically, been some of the most expensive, clueless idiots buying "exclusive designer" skins and clothes from "upscale designers" where the only thing that's upscale are the egos and the prices.

• Like 5

*cracks knuckles*

6 hours ago, CougEr Vultee said:

5adf60d813e13_Casualwearmyarse.thumb.png.be010041628a2857ea85eb0151598311.png

6 hours ago, CougEr Vultee said:

Whatever.png.a4a367660cc3851477aa788b96a49424.png

5adf6110b0c10_thehell.png.02230807f4a2fca45d928a8a6112c608.png

5adf6118c386e_Iwant_.png.9e6824998ed637a72a3570c223599d06.png

Thank you, OP, for 'schooling me' on how to be individual.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 2

heheh  i can't beieve how many replays...  TY so much    No,  individualism is not tank tops, hoddies and jeans, but the majority wear that,  I also said i wasn't goin to suggest  any labels, it would not be right and besides, what I like doesnt necessarely mean it's good. Well.. to me it is,  but  that's my INDIVIDUALISM. heheheh 

Yep, call that an intro, i will write more and even give examples,  although some of the shots published here show already a lot of creativity and not scared to dare. Great work!

again TY for an amazing response. 

Snoopy

style.png

7 hours ago, CougEr Vultee said:

Actually this is real life, where some clothes are more comfortable than others, just like shoes. In RL high heels are not as comfortable as other footwear. So I don't wear them much, by the same logic I do not expect my man to go around in a suit and tie. But in SL High heels are as comfy as flip flops, and a suit is as comfy as baggy shorts and a T shirt. I wear heels 99% of the time I am in SL, and I expect...... well figure it out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

What ever flips my switch on that day.  It also depends on what I want to do, where I want to go, how I want people to perceive me, etc.

@Couger, while it looks like people disagree to a point, thanks for putting this out there for discussion.

disagreeing is  fantastic, thats whyt it's a topic for discussion, Each will have their POV  and at the end  some might even change  their point of view. In no way i want to be an authority when it comes to be individualist  i can only share what works for me and helps me meet peole who are like me. 

4 hours ago, CougEr Vultee said:

heheh  i can't beieve how many replays...  TY so much    No,  individualism is not tank tops, hoddies and jeans, but the majority wear that,  I also said i wasn't goin to suggest  any labels, it would not be right and besides, what I like doesnt necessarely mean it's good. Well.. to me it is,  but  that's my INDIVIDUALISM. heheheh 

Yep, call that an intro, i will write more and even give examples,  although some of the shots published here show already a lot of creativity and not scared to dare. Great work!

again TY for an amazing response. 

Snoopy

style.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

disagreeing is  fantastic, thats whyt it's a topic for discussion, Each will have their POV  and at the end  some might even change  their point of view. In no way i want to be an authority when it comes to be individualist  i can only share what works for me and helps me meet peole who are like me. 

Yet you posted.. 

13 hours ago, CougEr Vultee said:

SL is casual wear, Tank tops hoodies and jeans. I am not going to advertise anyone here. Why should I express my preference of clothes labels?  The majority of people here seams to be trend followers and I must admit, for fashion, in both males and especially in female there is an incredible selection of amazing clothes, shoes and accessories for both male and female, Tatts are favourites but are they making you look like so many others...? If you going to get a tattoo, think about one that you like, then have it custom made. A tattoo is a message, so say who you are. It all goes towards individualising your avatar.

That whole paragraph screams that you think you are the bees knees when it comes to fashion. Yet the picture you posted looked like sia and some pretty boi toy. Hardly individual looks. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.