Avastar Av deforms

So Whimsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Morning folks, the Avastar group seems to be asleep so I am trying my luck here.

I recently upgraded my avastar version to support bento bones, now I was just fiddling around when I noticed a problem I can't seem to figure out to fix.
When I select the avatars calf and drag it around it moves the whole leg and hips as it should. But when I move the back of my avatar it moves everything above it (head, shoulders etc) but nothing from the stomach down and the avatar instead deforms. How can I stop this deformation from happening so I can once again select a certain joint and drag my mouse around to move the entire avatar at once?

nf8g1Yh.png

When I open old animations made in the previous non bento avastar version I do not have this deformation happening (see below)

nDMbVfQ.png

Someone please help me fix this so the bento av does no longer deform T.T

Edited by Syn Anatine
  • Thanks 1

i guess the problem is the IK chain length, involving the extra spine bones that are folded over on each other. I did quit using Blender and Avastar before the version 2 was released, so i can't be sure. However, try to look for any options that let you remove the extra spine joints, if any available.

Another possible cause is the Blender version: the 2.79 version is known to have broken the previous versions rig systems, the only reliable version to use Avastar with, as of yet, is 2.78

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.