I want to start meshing....

NattiLynn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am wondering, what is the best program for meshing... I have a friend with cinema 4d but to me that seems like a video making program... Would 3d max work better or would cinema 4d work better for meshing in secondlife... I am wanting to start out with chairs and tables or something else...

1 hour ago, NattiLynn said:

I've seen many people use blender but there are arguments about blender is a little weak for meshing

That's a new one. Most people I've met find it a bit overwhelming.

I think it's safe to say Blender is by far the most powerful free 3D modelling tool we have. Next step up is Maya.

Edited by ChinRey

40 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

That's a new one. Most people I've met find it a bit overwhelming.

I think it's safe to say Blender is by far the most powerful free 3D modelling tool we have. Next step up is Maya.

I've heard many people love maya as well

Depends how much money you have.  If you have money and want to use Maya or 3D Max, then I'm told they are great - but it's not an unbiased opinion if you spend THAT much on them.

If, like me, you don't spend money on software unless there is no alternative, then Blender is perfectly adequate, and probably no more difficult to learn than the others.  If you are going to make clothes, then you will need the body tools for whatever you use, for Blender that means Avastar, and that isn't free, but isn't expensive either.

1 hour ago, anna2358 said:

for Blender that means Avastar, and that isn't free, but isn't expensive either.

In addition to this tidbit, you can purchase Avastar with $ or you can buy it in world for 10.000 Linden. So if you have no RL cash to buy it but some sort of SL income you can still get this add on :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.