Wallace Wirefly

Authorized Gaming in SL policy

Ok I sometimes visit the various gaming places in SL. When there I often notice, no matter what gaming place I go to, that there are avatars there with NO payment Info on File. Now when I read Linden's Official gaming policy i see this: Only users that meet the criteria for Skill Gaming are permitted to access Skill Gaming Regions and participate in Skill Gaming in Second Life

• Have current billing information on file
  • Are at least 19 years of age
  • Do not reside in a prohibited state listed below
  • Are not connecting from a prohibited state

Right at top is" have current billing information on file". Now am I missing something or not understanding. Is this the same as Payment Info on File in avatar's profile? Is this policy just random or does it matter? Just wondering how policies work in Second Life. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Wallace Wirefly said:

Ok I sometimes visit the various gaming places in SL. When there I often notice, no matter what gaming place I go to, that there are avatars there with NO payment Info on File. Now when I read Linden's Official gaming policy i see this: Only users that meet the criteria for Skill Gaming are permitted to access Skill Gaming Regions and participate in Skill Gaming in Second Life

• Have current billing information on file
  • Are at least 19 years of age
  • Do not reside in a prohibited state listed below
  • Are not connecting from a prohibited state

Right at top is" have current billing information on file". Now am I missing something or not understanding. Is this the same as Payment Info on File in avatar's profile? Is this policy just random or does it matter? Just wondering how policies work in Second Life. Thanks.

Is it possible that the avatars you are seeing are simply bots registered by the place owner to make the place look like there are patrons?  Bots wouldn't truly be playing the games and I don't think they have to have payment info.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Is it possible that the avatars you are seeing are simply bots registered by the place owner to make the place look like there are patrons?  Bots wouldn't truly be playing the games and I don't think they have to have payment info.

No theses avatars are playing the games. I have seen what you refer to and know that exists. Maybe LL allows these IF they are registered to owner though isn't that stacking odds toward owner in Games of Skill??

There is a simple way to finds out: click floor the "about land" option should show you it is a skill gaming area... if it is not... file a AR, if it is... file an Jira as they should not be allowed to enter here and you have discovered a bug.

Edited by Fionalein

9 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

It's possible some of these skill game sims are entirely free play and so the skill gaming policy requirements don't apply

That too. But if not sure you can most likely file an abuse report none the less, stating you are not sure and blaming @Corky Linden who encouraged us to do so if not sure. See this old thread:

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 4