Did Ebbe Answer About Abandoned Land?

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Um, I asked a question on the forums for the Town Hall in more detail. But IN FACT there's nothing vague about the statement above *re abandoned land*. Only someone with contrayian and vicious aims would claim otherwise.

Abandoned land is abandoned land. It is not the whole world of Second Life or the US dollar. Your posts like this help you self-discredit, so keep them coming.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Um, I asked a question on the forums for the Town Hall in more detail. But IN FACT there's nothing vague about the statement above *re abandoned land*. Only someone with contrayian and vicious aims would claim otherwise.

Abandoned land is abandoned land. It is not the whole world of Second Life or the US dollar. Your posts like this help you self-discredit, so keep them coming.

Ok lets all go through 4 pages of a completely separate forum thread which you haven't even linked to in order to find your question about abandoned land just to tell you if it was answered or not... Or you could post your question in full here so someone who cared enough to attend or watch the footage can let you know the answer... or you can go watch the footage yourself and find out if your question which you still have not said here where it would actually count right now, has been answered.

1. Can you make abandoned land available to anyone who files a ticket on a first-come, first-served basis instead of this torturous process of either auctions or filing tickets that often get rejected or only allow small amounts to be purchased?

I'm assuming you are referring to the above question, to which I would have said originally had you actually posted this question rather than being so vague, no. I believe Ebbe did not answer this at either session. 

On 23/04/2018 at 5:31 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

I looked through Inara Pey's helpful transcript but didn't see anything.

But maybe I missed something, perhaps someone will know.

Nope, your question (and many) were simply not chosen.

There was an undertaking that other Lindens would go into that thread and answer some of the questions Ebbe was not given.

I don't remember any discussion about abandoned land. There WAS mention (and I said that in my thread about the town hall meeting) that MANY technical questions would be answered soon on the SAME thread that people used to ask their questions before the town hall. 

They have been answering quite a few questions on that thread, but I haven't noticed much about land, specifically, which one might expect to come from Patch himself. The thread is locked, but I don't take that to suggest they're done answering yet.

If there's interest in getting abandoned land set for sale, I have reason to believe that they've been setting anything for sale to anybody on request -- including accounts that hold no land in the region whatsoever. I doubt the Lab would ever commit to such a policy -- I think going this far long term would be a disservice to existing landowners in the region -- but they could eventually settle on some new criteria for unauctioned sale of abandoned land.

Thank you, Chic. The selling of abandoned land, and its ways and means, isn't a technical question but a policy question. So I guess they just didn't feel it rose to the test of being important enough for the town hall.

Hintsworn's comment is ridiculous, because there isn't anything special or complicated about the question TOPIC I put here, and it doesn't require going through four pages of a thread or the difficult-to-follow transcript. It just requires having followed it and answering, yes or no. But it's ok, such behavior self-discredits, keep it coming.

• Haha 1

Actually as an addendum there WAS a land question asked AFTER the camera stopped rolling :D. Not abandoned land but about the possibility of getting discounts for disabled persons on land. The problem is of course what defines "disabled" and all that entails. I had a very close friend that got hefty disability for many years when she could go horseback riding, drive, dance and do most of what everyone does. I had others that were SEVERELY disabled that got almost no benefits at all. So going by the GOVERNMENTS declaration is certainly not fair. Ebbe seemed to say he would look into it, but honestly I don't see how that could work well. 

With a free 1024 for $1.25 a month if you do yearly -- that's pretty much free IMHO. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.