Transfer only furniture (Return vs Delete)

iZachariah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm going to start off with an example leading into a question.

Example: Your friend invites you to a group for the land they own. You move in with them and have a piece of furniture (We'll use a couch as a reference example.),  This couch has //NO COPY, NO MOD, TRANSFER// permissions.

Subject: If I decorate our new room with this couch and one day the owner of the land kicks me out....

• Question 1:  Will I still get all my //Transfer only// objects back?
  • Question 2:  What would happen if the object would be returned?
  • Question 3:  What would happen if the object would be deleted by someone else?
  • Question 4:  Is there any chance I would lose the object?
Edited by iZachariah

You will only get your no copy items back if the person that owns the land is nice and RETURNS them. They could just as soon delete.  Edit (see post below). They could just keep your couch and use it. So yes you certainly could lose your "couch". Best to use COPY items instead of no copy; then you have no worries.

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

They could just as soon delete.

As long as the object isn't deeded to group and they don't have the owners mod rights then they shouldn't be able to delete another avatars objects, only return them.  Of course, you're absolutely right about using copiable items rather than no copy, but with the popularity of gacha these days I'd imagine that's not always an option.

24 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

As long as the object isn't deeded to group and they don't have the owners mod rights then they shouldn't be able to delete another avatars objects, only return them.  Of course, you're absolutely right about using copiable items rather than no copy, but with the popularity of gacha these days I'd imagine that's not always an option.

Just tested. You are correct. BUT can't people delete object that are not transferred in a sale? I seem to have done that a few times. 

Just now, Chic Aeon said:

Just tested. You are correct. BUT can't people delete object that are not transferred in a sale? I seem to have done that a few times. 

if i'm not wrong, the resident that wants it gone can use "delete", but the item will be in fact returned

I've heard of SL "eating" peoples items. I asked a percentage and someone told me about 20% of the time. I'm worried to lose an item because gacha can be expensive.

I'm told it's somewhere from 'return' to the persons lost items...it just disappears.

Edited by iZachariah

47 minutes ago, iZachariah said:

I've heard of SL "eating" peoples items. I asked a percentage and someone told me about 20% of the time. I'm worried to lose an item because gacha can be expensive.

I'm told it's somewhere from 'return' to the persons lost items...it just disappears.

Things definitely disappear from inventory and that includes copy items. Long time problem that apparently cannot be fixed. Even having many copies of an item in different locations in inventory doesn't help -- well it might "help" but I have lost those types of items also. And surprisingly so. 

REZZING what you love inworld is the best safety method that I have found.  And while I sell gachas, I don't play gachas simply because I like COPY items :D. I do now and then by something a a yard sale, but not much.

And yes, actually I can attest to returned items not returning as that happened to me just a couple of weeks ago. Happily I didn't really care about the items in question.

So rez those gacha items carefully.  IF you keep the UUID of your items you have a better chance of them being recovered via a support ticket. Personally I just shake my head these days and move on.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iZachariah said:

I'm going to start off with an example leading into a question.

Example: Your friend invites you to a group for the land they own. You move in with them and have a piece of furniture (We'll use a couch as a reference example.),  This couch has //NO COPY, NO MOD, TRANSFER// permissions.

Subject: If I decorate our new room with this couch and one day the owner of the land kicks me out....

• Question 1:  Will I still get all my //Transfer only// objects back?
  • Question 2:  What would happen if the object would be returned?
  • Question 3:  What would happen if the object would be deleted by someone else?
  • Question 4:  Is there any chance I would lose the object?

No one else can delete your objects.

But returning transfer objects does run the risk of getting lost.

Keep in mind objects are returned in bunches, and you have to take out the cluster of objects returned at once to see what all is in it.

You could also just pick up your own objects if you had notice.

Years ago, after my first losses with NO COPY objects in the world, I never acquired them again, or I have very few. Gatchas? I pass far! It gives me a cold in the spine when (and if) I rezz of a gatcha object ... I think I caught a delusional paranoia ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.