Underground walking script

Ernesto Perez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! I dont know, is there in marketplace such thing as "underground walking script". Yes, there is absolutely possible to build in underground. When root prim stays in ground, you can build anything into underground. Also, even avatar can sit there, when there, in underground is some chair. But avatar cant walk in uderground freely. When it stand up, it momentarily jump to ground. So, avatars can be and live deep in underground, but they cant walk. But....they cant only walk, but they can still move, together with chair. And chair can be example invisible prim with vechicle script, plus avatar walking animation script.  

5 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I'm not sure if physical vehicles can move underground... does anyone know about this? Might be the first limitation you run into.

Not exactly underground. The root prim still stay in ground. All building objects are linked with corresponding root prim located in ground. Now, avatar wants to also walk there in underground building. From programming point of view I solve it in this way. In ground there is two prims linked together. Vertical distance is exactly the level of underground building floor from ground. Higher prim (the root prim) is invisible, lower prim is visible and sit-able and object together is phantom. Now avatar sits on visible non-root prim. Script on root prim moves itself to ground level, so lower prim (where avatar sits), moves to underground, exactly where is underground building floor. Also script makes lower prim (where avatar sits) also invisible. I already tested it and avatar can also sit direct, by camera, to some chair already underground. But to make sitting in ground is just more clear (not all know at all there is something underground altough they can see it by camera). Script (I dont know jet to witch prim to put it) also animates avatar walking, it simulates avatar walking altough avatar still only sits on prim. So, the final imagination is avatars just walk freely in underground building. 

Of course script can be also with physical movement (like most vechicles). Then there is no need to know where are walls. But I dont know, do physical movement script at all aknowledge collisions in underground. Then still must use non-physical movement script and script must know building plan.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.