Paypal Issues

Helllor Highwater

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm trying to link my Paypal account with my Sl account, but I seem to be having issues.. It says first that It needs to be an account accepted by a bank account (or something along the lines) and it already is.. My paypals working.. Is there something I am missing or should I wait and try again at another time? Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Helllor and Tainted,

If you're using a bank account to "verify" your PayPal account, there's one other thing you need to do:  actually transfer some money from the bank account to your PayPal account.  THEN, once the funds are in the PayPal account, go through the process to make it your payment method for Second Life.

If you already have money in PayPal and are STILL having problems, call LL Billing at one of the numbers below.

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-086-9081
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TaintedLian said:

I received the confirmation for adding a card, for adding bank account. But sl says : 

To use your PayPal account with Second Life, it must be verified with a bank account. Click here for more information.

There was a problem with your PayPal account. Please contact PayPal to resolve the issue, then try again."" 

I guess I can try to talk to paypal -again-. Add a ticket on sl and maybe together we can solve this... -.- 

In addition to adding the bank account or credit card, did you go through the steps to have PayPal 'verify' it?  For a bank account, PayPal makes a tiny deposit transaction and then you have to tell them how much it was.  For a credit card, I think they make a tiny charge and then reverse it.

Anyway, for my account - US - I log in to PayPal and land on a Summary page.  The bottom left side of that page has a link of "See how much you can send with PayPal".  When I click that, the top of the page shows the Verified symbol - there used to be another way of seeing that, but I cannot remember how.  Anyway, it looks like this:

image.png.37e6ea44ca9b73c1d90062ce0d6132ea.png

Does yours show as Verified?  If not, then either do the verification steps or talk to PayPal about what might have gone wrong with the process.   If it does show Verified, then you might need to talk to LL Billing.  However, as Lindal mentioned, if your PayPal is backed by a bank account only or that is the only method you've authorized for LL payments, then first make sure you have a PayPal balance.  This isn't always needed, but sometimes it does fix problems.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TaintedLian said:

(got the emails comfermation and everything.) 

i hope your " everything" in this line means  the confirmation of this:

verfication of the Paypal by a transfer to your CC or bankaccount, with a code, or amount of money send by Paypal themself to you,  that has to be reported back to paypal.

I received the confirmation for adding a card, for adding bank account. But sl says : 

To use your PayPal account with Second Life, it must be verified with a bank account. Click here for more information.

There was a problem with your PayPal account. Please contact PayPal to resolve the issue, then try again."" 

I guess I can try to talk to paypal -again-. Add a ticket on sl and maybe together we can solve this... -.- 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.