***** question

hurktang

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I own an adult sim.

I've been trying to find the section of the TOS about *****. Is it me or the section Viii of the TOS is not in the latest version ?

I have no intent to do ***** of course, but i might be a bit more tolerant with visitors who just explore the sim without intending to interact with others. Just want to read the TOS...

Edit : I'm censored ^^, the question is about age.

Edited by hurktang

16 answers to this question

To save you and other future readers some time:

No sex by or with child avatars!

Child avatars may be present in Adult regions.  However, they must not engage in sexual situations or activities.  Because this can be a gray area, many adult venues prohibit child avatars altogether.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well, now ... I will take a wild guess at what ***** you want to do, or not do.

Section 5.3 of the TOS says:

5.3 We may terminate your Account(s) to protect the best interests of the Service and the community or if we believe you pose an unacceptable risk to the community.

We may terminate your Account if we determine in our discretion that such action is necessary or advisable to comply with legal requirements or protect the rights or interests of Linden Lab, the Service community or any third party.

We may terminate your Account(s) if we learn, or in good faith believe, that you are a registered sex offender, that accessing the Service may violate a condition of parole or probation, that you have engaged in or attempted to engage in conduct with minors on the Service that violates this Agreement, or that you for any other reason may pose what we deem to be an unacceptable risk to the Service community.

If you are interested in policy related to age and maturity ratings, though, consult

or the TOS, Sect 3.1https://www.lindenlab.com/tos#tos3:

3.1 Age Requirements for the Service.

By accepting this Agreement, you represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction, if greater) and you have the legal authority to enter into this Agreement. If you are less than eighteen (18) years of age (or the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction, if greater), then your parent or legal guardian must read and accept this Agreement, your use of the Service, participating in the Service, and providing any personal information in connection with the Service on your behalf.

• Thanks 1

No no, I'm assuming every visitor in my adult rated sim are adults in RL. (Although i keep my eyes open of course).

The question is about their avatar appearance and behavior. Nothing that you quoted here apply to that.

Oh, OK, then....

How about TOS, Sect 4, which says in part that you will not

(vi) Violate our Maturity Content Guidelines. A region designated General is not allowed to advertise or make available content or activity that is sexually explicit, violent, or depicts nudity;

(vii) If you are an adult, impersonate a minor for the purpose of interacting with a minor using Second Life, or stalk, harass, or engage in any sexual, suggestive, lewd, lascivious, or otherwise inappropriate conduct with minors on Second Life, or attempt to contact or meet with such minor outside Second Life, including without limitation electronically or physically, if you have reason to know or Second Life concludes that you should have known you were interacting with a minor on Second Life, or otherwise engage in any conduct that violates our Teen Safety Guidelines;

(viii) Post, display or transmit any material, object or text that encourages, represents, or facilitates sexual "*****," i.e., using child-like avatars in a sexualized manner. This activity is grounds for immediate termination. You may review our full ***** Policy here. You understand and agree that we may report any and all such incidents -- and any and all of your corresponding personal information -- to any authorities we deem appropriate, whether or not it in and of itself violates the law of your (or any) jurisdiction;

Or maybe http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Clarification_of_policy_disallowing_ageplay

3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

To save you and other future readers some time:

No sex by or with child avatars!

Child avatars may be present in Adult regions.  However, they must not engage in sexual situations or activities.  Because this can be a gray area, many adult venues prohibit child avatars altogether.

Just to be absolutley clear about this, not even next to or anywhere in line of sight of them... This is a crime in a whole bunch of countries LL has customers in and they really like to stay legal in those countries as well.

33 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

This is a crime in a whole bunch of countries LL has customers in and they really like to stay legal in those countries as well.

But only with this one crime. All other crimes get a geenric free pass. Murder, Slavery, Beast, Rape, Cannibalism are perfectly fine!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, hurktang said:

Ok ! got it.

Grey area of the day : What if elves have an age of consent of 52 yo in their village and i walk though at the wrong moment ?

if

if

if

... simply don't risk your account, don't do it

I know it's the intent behind that is forbidden but the spectrum of the problem makes it incredibly hard to sim owners honestly.

Oh oh ! i have one good one ! 

What if a old gnome get reincarnated in a 22 yo human body and he happen to walk in a strip club. Does the dancer risk to have her account suspended ?

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

But only with this one crime. All other crimes get a geenric free pass. Murder, Slavery, Beast, Rape, Cannibalism are perfectly fine!

Honestly? If it is against the law in RL then it should be against "the law" here too.  That of course is IMHO. 

17 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Honestly? If it is against the law in RL then it should be against "the law" here too.  That of course is IMHO.

Mmm, generally. Although my slave would disagree and I would miss tormenting them. :D

Edited by Callum Meriman

1 hour ago, hurktang said:

I know it's the intent behind that is forbidden but the spectrum of the problem makes it incredibly hard to sim owners honestly.

Generally, as a sim owner, I don't find it difficult at all. If you've got sex happening, you don't allow kids in. If there is no sex, you can.

It's that simple. Really.

How the sim owner defines "a kid" is another thing altogether. For example, I'd be super wary of advertising any afk-sex-sim suitable for "schoolgirls" as that's going to get people up in arms, and be pushing the line on "enabling" as the lab term it. Especially if you have classrooms with sex gear inside them. In those cases your bar needs to be a lot higher than if you were advertising an AFK sim based in a nursing home.

So, how to codify a kid? Erring on the side of caution is number one. For me, looking at groups is a big one. How the person talks and acts. Head height to shoulder width. Lack or appearance of secondary sexual characteristics like breasts and hair.... and still despite this, you will certainly get some people who will rant and complain you are running a place for kid sex... well, they can generally be banned as troublemakers themselves if you consider your "what is a kid policy" is sound.

Where is the point you are happy to risk your entire account?

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hurktang said:

Oh oh ! i have one good one ! 

What if a old gnome get reincarnated in a 22 yo human body and he happen to walk in a strip club. Does the dancer risk to have her account suspended ?

Oh hell.  Why didn't you just say you were a troll in the first place?

15 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Generally, as a sim owner, I don't find it difficult at all. If you've got sex happening, you don't allow kids in. If there is no sex, you can.

It's that simple. Really.

How the sim owner defines "a kid" is another thing altogether. For example, I'd be super wary of advertising any afk-sex-sim suitable for "schoolgirls" as that's going to get people up in arms, and be pushing the line on "enabling" as the lab term it. Especially if you have classrooms with sex gear inside them. In those cases your bar needs to be a lot higher than if you were advertising an AFK sim.

So, how to codify a kid? Erring on the side of caution is number one. For me, looking at groups is a big one. How the person talks and acts. Head height to shoulder width. Lack or appearance of secondary sexual characteristics like breasts and hair.... and still despite this, you will certainly get some people who will rant and complain you are running a place for kid sex... well, they can generally be banned if you consider your "what is a kid policy" is sound.

Where is the point you are happy to risk your entire account?

I'm guessing you read my profile to come up with the school example ? Yes, i'm sure, other sim owners might not question it as much as I feel compelled to on a regular basis.

Some people for example are small in real life, or have small breast and try to have their avatar look a bit more like them. It gets RL insulting when you jump on them because of that. I have a lot of trans visitor. Who technically have no breast and wish they had one even in RL. Also femboi who legitimately try to dissimulate their breast. And then we have the furries... I Once joked that one of my regular visitor must be a very old mouse  but his avatar is adult height and talk normally.

At the end,  I agree, it have much more to do with the intent behind everyone's action. The way they talk, the way they emphasis on age. That i can moderate quite quickly. But it takes time and it's also subjective.

11 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Oh hell.  Why didn't you just say you were a troll in the first place?

I'm not. 2 days ago one of my friend who come since a yeah in my sim turned into a pichu (pikachu pre-evolution) just to goof around during a DJ party. After 5 minutes of walking around. He realized how youthful his avi look and said sorry. To which I replied to not worry, he's not concerned by the policy at all. But is he ? Why not ? That's why i came here to read the TOS again. Honestly it doesn't really answer that specific question.

PS: I just googled it, and Pichu's are of the undiscovered egg group and therefore cannot breed.

11 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Not true. If the law included digital depictions of those crimes as being illegal then you would indeed be punished/arrested. 

9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

It is not illegal to digitally depict any of those crimes. It IS illegal to digitally depict *****. Which is why its against the rules in SL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.