Is the account deleted?

LiamDarkhorse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

8 hours ago, LiamDarkhorse said:

When searching for someone I see there profile fine in-world but when looking it up in web search on website it says did not return any matches when I could see it fine a few days ago. Is there account deleted? If so why do I still see it in-world

If they are on your friends list, you'll still be able to see the profile in some cases.  If the person in question requested that their account be deleted, then after a certain amount of time in won't show in the website, but if you are friends, you can still see it inworld.  If the person was Premium and had their account confiscated because of overdue bills, then the web profile will disappear after a certain amount of time, but if you are friends then you'll still see it inworld.  In each of those cases, the inworld profile might eventually go away, but I can still see the profile of someone that left SL many years ago and their account billing went in to default.  If someone gets permanently banned, then I'm pretty sure that their profile completely disappears from both locations rather quickly.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

My guess would be possibly a Premium member that let their payment method lapse (expired card, removed payment info, something) and their account is now being held hostage until they either pay up or a certain amount of time passes.

I have/had a friend that lived with me for a while.  She got sick and stopped coming into SL and never updated her credit card info with new expiration date.  A few weeks after she technically went into delinquent status, I could still see her profile inworld, but not on the web.  After some number of months (3-6 or so), she disappeared from my land group.  If I remember correctly, I did a bit of testing at that time using an alt and that is when her profile became unavailable inworld.  I could still see it, but I surmised it was because she is on my friends list.  Note that even though my land group did not show her any more, her profile still listed my land group. Sounds like LL did something around that time that basically removed her from everything but seems to have frozen her profile as it was prior to that.

So, if she is a Premium in deliquent status, her profile is still inworld for a while and she's still a member of groups for a while, all until LL gets paid or wipes her out. 

Or the web profile is just borked.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.