help me to fix my bento hands please

NickolasGene Carter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i recently updated my avatar and i am struggling due to my bento hands being splayed for people who look me while i see them normal on my viewer
my body is belleza jake

so i red i have to buy an ao bento but all the male bento ao are pretty bad imho so is there a way i can fix this problem keeping my old ao?!

can i solve it if i buy the slink idle animation bento hands hud and run it on belleza jake hands with my old ao?!

1 hour ago, NickolasGene Carter said:

can i solve it if i buy the slink idle animation bento hands hud and run it on belleza jake hands with my old ao?!

If Slink now sells their idle animation as a separate HUD, then yes that should fix it. (If a demo is available, though, try that first.) It's built into their own hands by default (no need for an additional HUD if you're wearing Slink hands) but I've long thought it would be useful to have the animations separated out so they can be used with any hands.

I own multiple male mesh bodies, and - of the Bento ones - Jake is the only one to have the splayed hands issue, which is one of the two main reasons why I hardly ever wear it.

1 hour ago, NickolasGene Carter said:

all the male bento ao are pretty bad imho

Agreed. I've demo'd every one that I've come across, and I've not yet found one that I like. Most of them seem to want me to pace around with my legs wide apart, like a boxer with rickets ¬¬

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, NickolasGene Carter said:

I use the Belleza Jake as well and have also had to deal with the "the splayed hands issue." I solve it by using the Vista Bento Hands AO HUD that I got when I purchased the Vista Male TMP Bento Hands. I also use a separate Bento Hand poser HUD that I found on Marketplace for like 99 L; it works great when I need to grip weapons or objects during role-play.

7 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I own multiple male mesh bodies, and - of the Bento ones - Jake is the only one to have the splayed hands issue, which is one of the two main reasons why I hardly ever wear it.

I also own multiple male mesh bodies, but, in spite of "the splayed hands issue," the Belleza Jake my current body of choice. I love its geometry! I am curious, what is the second main reason you hardly ever wear it?

All this being said, do you know if Belleza has a system in place to reports bugs? Or do I just need to bring the issue with their CSR so they become aware of the issue? In my opinion, this is the type of issue that would merit a product update. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Orion Pastorelli said:

I use the Belleza Jake as well and have also had to deal with the "the splayed hands issue." I solve it by using the Vista Bento Hands AO HUD that I got when I purchased the Vista Male TMP Bento Hands. I also use a separate Bento Hand poser HUD that I found on Marketplace for like 99 L; it works great when I need to grip weapons or objects during role-play.

are all third part bento hands hud/animations compatible with the belleza jake?!
cause  yesterday i went into the Slink mainstore and evey time i sit on the idle hands animations demo my whole mesh body has deformed for some reason and i had to relog to fix it

9 minutes ago, Orion Pastorelli said:

All this being said, do you know if Belleza has a system in place to reports bugs? Or do I just need to bring the issue with their CSR so they become aware of the issue? In my opinion, this is the type of issue that would merit a product update. 

if you are going to do it tell me, i am with you!!!
i hate this ****!!!

8 hours ago, Orion Pastorelli said:

I am curious, what is the second main reason you hardly ever wear it?

The neck issues. I dislike neck sheaths (they look very obvious to me, visibly feathering out as they do) and won't wear them to hide the very visible gap that I see with Jake and certain mesh heads, such as below:

5ab030f1a1f7e_jakeneckfit.jpg.3e75aa74814ec91fbb62e235d5d8f1be.jpg

That's unacceptable to me, and as a blogger it's more hassle than I'm prepared to go through every time I do a photoshoot, to spend ages in Photoshop cloning that out. I don't see that gap with the same mesh head and any other mesh body that I own.

• Like 1

You might also try the Bento Hand AO that comes with the altamura bodies (often free in a limited form but the AO might work just fine). You might also try the AO from a demo. There are three choices of subtle hand animations and they work well with the altamura bodies (I only have the free one :D).  

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi! Im having such a hard time with splayed hands. I have the belleza jake body, with the daniel catwa head. I've been trying for days to fix the hands. I purchased the slink hands, but when i apply them to my body, & use the jake alpha hud to hide the jack hands, the slink hands look perfect, but the arms don't match. The skin on the arms are higher than the hands. Im so confused. Please help ....

• 1 year later...

hello I am having issues with My Bento hands, I  had the  Vista Bento hands AO but now  when i use it  my hands to function at all, so i went and bought a Tutty Bento Hud and now the Hands work. but wondering why when i used the Vista Bento AO why the Hands where not working or moving.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.