How to stream anything into secondlife with youtube and OBS

CourtneyJames

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You need to download a program called obs it stands for Open Broadcast Software
its media not audio. so you can cast that entire laptop LIVE or webcams, web pages that are live like streamlabs. Link:https://obsproject.com/download

Once you have downloaded and installed obs you should get like a setup thing go trough that and do that if not goto File ->Settings->Stream select your service as youtube and the server as "Primary YouTube ingest server" we will get your stream key in a minute.

Goto youtube.com ->Log In->Click your display icon (top right)->CREATOR STUDIO
once your there you need to create a live stream.
on the left hand side click "Live Streaming" once it is there scroll down to "Encoder Setup"
next to the stream key box click "Reveal" copy your stream key.

DO NOT LET ANYONE SEE OR GET YOUR STREAM KEY IF THEY DO THEY WILL HAVE FULL
CONTROL OVER YOUR STREAM AND MAY DISCONNECT YOU AND REPLACE THE STREAM.

past you stream key into OBS and then click "Apply" and "Ok"
after that you want to set up your scenes and sources ill let you play with that and figure
it out :)

then click "Start Streaming" on OBS and go back into chrome you will see in a video box your stream along with its health (try and keep it green)

from there at the bottom of that page on the right there is "SHARE" get the link to YouTube. NOT youtube gaming by clicking that drop down box

the link will look like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[VIDEO LINK]

you want to edit that link to look like this.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/[VIDEO LINK]?autoplay=1

swap the links over paste it into second life as land media
type web content and paste the link that we edited into the box
add a texture thats the texture that the stream will show up on make sure its one you DONT
use anywhere apart from the tv screen.

now press the media play button in sl and any prim with that texture on will show your stream

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

@Courtney James Can you please make a video showing how to do this process? And does this cast it so that everyone see's what you are seeing? Because my t.v. in secondlife now only plays what I'm playing on my screen, not on everyone who comes onto my land's screen. Please help, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 12:13 AM, Ruth1270 said:

@Courtney James Can you please make a video showing how to do this process? And does this cast it so that everyone see's what you are seeing? Because my t.v. in secondlife now only plays what I'm playing on my screen, not on everyone who comes onto my land's screen. Please help, thanks!

They would have to turn on and allow the media in their viewer. They might also need to click something to start it depending on their settings.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I'm using the firestorm viewer and I've tried following this tutorial to stream into second life, but I get the following error:

Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available.

I'm able to watch videos, but not live streams. Is this a viewer specific issue?

Edited by Nyara Squeegee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.