Premium resident,

Inovis Igaly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What can I do with adding another 512, I have a free home with it.  if I pay for the additional 512 to have 1024, where can I go to have a home?  What is the advantage of having 1024 as opposed to having the 512 with a free home?  Where can I find answers?  If I do pay to have the 1024 where do I go?  I want to put a home on that area of land....where do I go?  I don't understand.... someone please help me.   Chat support is closed for the day....I need answers

15 answers to this question

You don't "get" land.  You buy it from someone -- either Linden Lab or another resident.  You pay the one-time purchase price, and then you pay monthly land fees after that, sort of like property tax.

If you are a Premium member, you get a waiver that is the equivalent of the monthly land fees for 1024 sq m. of land.  You may only use it on the Mainland, not in private estates and not for land that you rent anywhere. So .... you can use part of that waiver to pay the land fees on a Linden Home (which doesn't have a purchase price).  If you do that, you'd have enough left to pay for the land fees on another 512 sq m parcel somewhere else if you want.  Or, you could buy 1024 sq m of land and abandon the Linden Home.  If you do that, your Premium waiver would cover the full monthly fees on that 1024 sq m of land. You don't have to use your full waiver if you don't want to.  Just stay in your Linden Home and be happy.  The biggest "advantages" of owning more land are (1) you can live on a bigger parcel and build any home you like on it and (2) you get to choose where you live instead of being assigned to a random Linden Home.  With a bigger parcel, you have a higher L.I. allowance, so you can do some landscaping, buy more furniture, whatever.....  Where do you go?  Anywhere you like.  Just find land for sale, buy it, and move in.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2018 at 4:57 PM, Rolig Loon said:

You don't "get" land.  You buy it from someone -- either Linden Lab or another resident.  You pay the one-time purchase price, and then you pay monthly land fees after that, sort of like property tax.

If you are a Premium member, you get a waiver that is the equivalent of the monthly land fees for 1024 sq m. of land.  You may only use it on the Mainland, not in private estates and not for land that you rent anywhere. So .... you can use part of that waiver to pay the land fees on a Linden Home (which doesn't have a purchase price).  If you do that, you'd have enough left to pay for the land fees on another 512 sq m parcel somewhere else if you want.  Or, you could buy 1024 sq m of land and abandon the Linden Home.  If you do that, your Premium waiver would cover the full monthly fees on that 1024 sq m of land. You don't have to use your full waiver if you don't want to.  Just stay in your Linden Home and be happy.  The biggest "advantages" of owning more land are (1) you can live on a bigger parcel and build any home you like on it and (2) you get to choose where you live instead of being assigned to a random Linden Home.  With a bigger parcel, you have a higher L.I. allowance, so you can do some landscaping, buy more furniture, whatever.....  Where do you go?  Anywhere you like.  Just find land for sale, buy it, and move in.

Thank you so much for your reply.  I really appreciate it.  I've spent most of the day trying to figure things out.  Looks like I can do auction or go to mainland or look in classified... I still have alot more to learn.   Thanks again  I still have some more questions....but I think if I go through process, I'll get my answers.   I tried to add you as a friend, would you mind to help me?  

2 minutes ago, Inovis Igaly said:

Thank you so much for your reply.  I really appreciate it.  I've spent most of the day trying to figure things out.  Looks like I can do auction or go to mainland or look in classified... I still have alot more to learn.   Thanks again  I still have some more questions....but I think if I go through process, I'll get my answers.   I tried to add you as a friend, would you mind to help me?  

You can also scan the map for yellow pieces of land that are 1024. There is more land on the map than in classifieds. Not sure why, maybe a time lag thing but there is since my group just got a great one :D. 

Also according to earlier posts you will need to abandon your Linden Home before buying your 1024 lot. Also note that Linden Lab is updating the Linden Homes with many of us thinking (just a guess) that they will be 1024 homes. So that might work better for you and you might just want to wait.  :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

You can also scan the map for yellow pieces of land that are 1024. There is more land on the map than in classifieds. Not sure why, maybe a time lag thing but there is since my group just got a great one :D. 

Also according to earlier posts you will need to abandon your Linden Home before buying your 1024 lot. Also note that Linden Lab is updating the Linden Homes with many of us thinking (just a guess) that they will be 1024 homes. So that might work better for you and you might just want to wait.  :D

That would be awesome!! A 1024 Linden home. No need to pay to get that 1024 parcel!! Or go through an auction process...??

5 minutes ago, Inovis Igaly said:

That would be awesome!! A 1024 Linden home. No need to pay to get that 1024 parcel!! Or go through an auction process...??

Well yes, but just "supposition" at this point :D. Seems very logical though.  There is a Town Hall meeting with Ebbe on the 20th so maybe some news will be there. 

• Like 1

If you don't care to wait for a new incarnation of Linden Homes, you can already own a Horizons parcel that offers some enticing benefits.  All parcels on the Horizons regions are 32 m x 32 m (1024 sq m) and have a double L.I. allowance, so you can add a lot more furniture, trees, and whatever than you can on normal parcels that size. Horizons parcels come with a selection of Linden-built homes (you get to choose from a menu and can customize), and those Linden-built homes do not count against the L.I. on the parcel -- exactly the same way that a Linden Home works. If you don't want the Linden-built home, you can remove it and put your own on the parcel.  All parcels have water access and are on the multi-region roadway system.  You do need to pay the purchase price for the parcel, but your Premium land fee waiver covers the monthly fees, since Horizons is part of the Mainland.  Horizons regions are all Adult-rated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

If you don't care to wait for a new incarnation of Linden Homes, you can already own a Horizons parcel that offers some enticing benefits.  All parcels on the Horizons regions are 32 m x 32 m (1024 sq m) and have a double L.I. allowance, so you can add a lot more furniture, trees, and whatever than you can on normal parcels that size. Horizons parcels come with a selection of Linden-built homes (you get to choose from a menu and can customize), and those Linden-built homes do not count against the L.I. on the parcel -- exactly the same way that a Linden Home works. If you don't want the Linden-built home, you can remove it and put your own on the parcel.  All parcels have water access and are on the multi-region roadway system.  You do need to pay the purchase price for the parcel, but your Premium land fee waiver covers the monthly fees, since Horizons is part of the Mainland.  Horizons regions are all Adult-rated.

I will try to tp over there now...Horizons...lol. thats the name of where my condo is in RL...

10 minutes ago, Inovis Igaly said:

thanks   I sure don't know what I should be looking for....lol

wow...I did find one....to buy it would be ...looks like 42.00 us dollars... I see what you mean about the double prims....looks interesting. but kinda more than I would like to pay initially....I will keep it in mind....  will look more into it ...thank you

Just now, Inovis Igaly said:

wow...I did find one....to buy it would be ...looks like 42.00 us dollars... I see what you mean about the double prims....looks interesting. but kinda more than I would like to pay initially....I will keep it in mind....  will look more into it ...thank you

seems like things razz better there or is it my imagination?

7 hours ago, Inovis Igaly said:

seems like things rezz better there or is it my imagination?

It might be your imagination, but those regions were designed pretty efficiently, so the mesh infrastructure is less likely to be laggy than a lot of places you visit.  The water and a lot of the land area are Linden-owned public land too, so Horizons is not as built up as some regions can be.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.