Buying land with alts

Marcury Jie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Howdy, again. I'm trying to group own, my currently owned mainland, with a few of my alts that have premium membership to use their land bonus.

Can you just tell me if what I'm about to do is wrong?

On my main account, the one who already owns the land, I right click the land, click set and select my group, check Allow Deed to group and Owner makes contribution with Deed, then click Deed. This is me contributing my 1024M²? Then I set up my alts and get them to donate their 1024M² allowances. What happens next? Do I have to manually adjust my tier settings in my account or is it done automatically? I'm hoping that might be it. Sorry to be asking what might seem like simple questions but I haven't done this before and don't want to... well you know what Rupaul says?...

Once again, thanks for your knowledge.

Assuming that your main account holds all the land, you should have your alts donate their tier to the group first. Then have your main account deed the land to the group and donate tier as well. If you try doing it the other way around the group will not have enough tier to own the land when you try to deed it.

The tier setting in your account only indicates the maximum amount of land you want to own and pay for. If you do not use it throughout a tier periode, you wont be billed for it. You can manually set it to zero if you like. It will not automatically go down if you own less land than the tier is set for.

1 hour ago, Christhiana said:

Assuming that your main account holds all the land, you should have your alts donate their tier to the group first. Then have your main account deed the land to the group and donate tier as well. If you try doing it the other way around the group will not have enough tier to own the land when you try to deed it.

The tier setting in your account only indicates the maximum amount of land you want to own and pay for. If you do not use it throughout a tier periode, you wont be billed for it. You can manually set it to zero if you like. It will not automatically go down if you own less land than the tier is set for.

Thank you for this.  It's always a process that makes me nervous.  It's nice to see it clearly explained

13 hours ago, Marcury Jie said:

Do I have to manually adjust my tier settings in my account or is it done automatically?

As Christhiana said, you don't have to adjust that radio button on the Land Use Fee page.  However, remember that regardless of whether or not you adjust that radio button, tier is paid in arrears, so you will still have a final billing at the higher tier rate.  The bottom of your Account Summary page will show you billing date and the amount to be billed for tier. That will tell you the date of your final bill.

Additionally, since you actually already own more than 1024, you could do it all in the order you specified.  The 'owner makes contribution' will donate pretty much however much tier you are currently using (minus the group bonus amount).  Then after your alts donate, you have to remember to go in and reduce your contribution in order to actually get your own usage down to the 1024.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.