Buying abandoned land attached to owned land

Luria Irelund

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unless the land in question is totally surrounded by your land, the most likely outcome is that they will put it up at auction so that you can bid on it. It isn't really clear if they let you KNOW it is going up to auction :D so watch the map and the auction board also. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

I know a group that asked LL (after the 1024 sqm tier started) for an abandoned parcel across the road from theirs. There were occupied parcels on either side but LL set it for direct sale to the group rather than put it up for auction. I think one of the Lindens stated that they're doing more direct sales now.

4 hours ago, Parhelion Palou said:

I know a group that asked LL (after the 1024 sqm tier started) for an abandoned parcel across the road from theirs. There were occupied parcels on either side but LL set it for direct sale to the group rather than put it up for auction. I think one of the Lindens stated that they're doing more direct sales now.

Any idea how long it took.  I asked 3 days ago if I could buy an abandoned 512 plot directly behind my plot and have yet to hear any reply to my ticket

18 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Unless the land in question is totally surrounded by your land, the most likely outcome is that they will put it up at auction so that you can bid on it. It isn't really clear if they let you KNOW it is going up to auction :D so watch the map and the auction board also. Good luck!

They will let you know. Basically you will receive one of 3 replies to your ticket:

• The land has been set to sale to you for L$1/m, you have 3 days to buy it
  • The land has been put in the auction queue, keep watching the auction page for the next few days
  • Due to _____ reason the land cannot be sold.
1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Any idea how long it took.  I asked 3 days ago if I could buy an abandoned 512 plot directly behind my plot and have yet to hear any reply to my ticket

Expect it to take 3-5 days.

• Thanks 2

So I've done two requests for land bordering (not surrounding) my land and both were approved. 

My neighbour put forward a request for some land between the two of us, so land one could say was contestable (I so would've bid for it!) and they got that approved for direct sale too yesterday. 

So seems pretty liberal at the moment. Though second request took a few days longer than the first, suggesting they are being inundated. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.