AwesomeDoulah

Jaine444

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

On 17-4-2018 at 1:35 AM, Jaine444 said:

How do you bake land before terraforming

you can only do that when you'r a sim owner, or have gotten the abilities as estate manager. The bake button is in the Estate land window, or at top of the screen. ( it won't work if you don't have those rights)

own land that has Linden Sea Attached - beautiful.  On the front is a steep descent to beach.  Front I have a nice tier level stair set that drops you down to beach.  Back I can't seem to get anything to work.  Have tried everything that is adjustible including spiral - but either bury it in the hill or the platform I make looks ridiculous stretching out so far.  Will grasp at straws, lol.  Ty

Hi Jaine.  It seems we are talking about two different things in this thread.

First, terrain textures...that is, the appearance of the ground itself.  Terrain can have up to four textures applied to it.  You can also set the height (relative to sea level) at which each texture begins to be applied.  On the Mainland, LL sets these textures.  On a private island, the sim owner can apply custom textures.  If you have Mainland, there is a workaround...a tool called "Terrain Mapper".  This tool generates sculptie prims that lay over your land like a blanket, and you can apply any texture you want to them.

Second, terraforming, or adjusting the physical shape of the land.  On the Mainland, you can terraform +/- 4 m, measured from the height at which LL originally created the land.  On a private island, you can, in theory, terraform up to +/- 100m, but this is often restricted by the sim owner.

Dealing with steep land:  If the land is too steep for a stair, but not steep enough for an elevator, why not simply use a local teleporter and zap yourself from your hilltop eyrie to your sea level dock?  Another idea:  Make the slope into a vertical cliff, by embedding huge flat topped boulders at the top.  This gives you more usable area at the top, and provides a way to install an elevator on the cliff face.

• Like 1

own land that has Linden Sea Attached - beautiful.  On the front is a steep descent to beach.  Front I have a nice tier level stair set that drops you down to beach.  Back I can't seem to get anything to work.  Have tried everything that is adjustible including spiral - but either bury it in the hill or the platform I make looks ridiculous stretching out so far.  Will grasp at straws, lol.  Ty

Thank you it is mainland and I terraformed a flat surface on top for home.  But never heard of Terrain Mapper thank you.  Had not thought of adding rock to top to create elevator!  Thank you.  Also saw a prim made stair way descending on an ice hill that might work.  Will explore both options, Tysm.  Jaine - Lol still new after what two years!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.