More groups allowed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi :)

This is my first post so I introduce Myself!

Lilith-Alphaën Vlodovic (UltravixenLilith Resident) and I'm 5 years old premium member on second life!
I like shopping (I collect bento Heads (Akeruka are my favorites), Mesh bodies (Belleza Freya for me! but I own some others), Hair (Truth but a lot of others...), Skins, Make up (Slackgirl!!) and Clothes too (Insanya, GRAVES and a lot lot more), make friends, EVENTS!!  and I own a little shop inworld and on market place named <3 Lilith in Chains <3 (in reference to my favorite band from the 90's "Alice in Chains") where I sell Make-up for Akeruka, some clothes (just fullperm retextured for the moments), Shapes and other things. 
I'm a roleplayer too and I really like to create a lot of differents characters on my avi :)

Now, I'd like your opinion on a question which turn in my head for some days, Do you like Linden Lab to increase the number of groups we can take? I mean, there's sooooo many great shops and places in Second life, I have the right to enter 60 groups and I'm almost full and sometimes forced to ignore groups from shop I like.

What do you think?

<3Love<3

EDIT: Oh my, I already posted on the forum, sorry my memory is baaaaaaad :/

Edited by UltraVixenLilith

The problem is: the shop groups kinda abuse the idea behind groups, you would be totally happy with 42 social groups, right? But it's established now, all shops have it, so there is no turning back either (I ran into two shops so far that only had subscribers, very welcome to me)

Edited by Fionalein

There's already talk about tiered premium packages in the future, and my gut feeling tells me that they'll have taken a higher amount of possible groups into account. Granted, more group slots will most likely come with a higher premium price.

The premium price never changed till now...I can't remember...But I think there will be differents states of premiums memberships...I saw that somewhere ^^

Edit: And that's what you were talking about sorry, I read too fast ^^'

Edited by UltraVixenLilith
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

The problem is: the shop groups kinda abuse the idea behind groups, you would be totally happy with 42 social groups, right? But it's established now, all shops have it, so there is no turning back either (I ran into two shops so far that only had subscribers, very welcome to me)

Just noting that I have never had a store group mostly for that reason. The oldtimer in me remembers when groups were different.  Actually I only have a couple of store groups in my list (short list not premium). The others are all land groups, event groups and blogger groups.  Somehow I manage to survive. LOL. 

I just looked. I have two store "fan" groups in my list. One I only joined because I wanted a product that you couldn't buy, you could only get it by joining the pay group.  I could give up either of those store groups without a tear.  The other ones are pretty mandatory or I couldn't work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I belong to 59 groups, always keeping one open for a quick join to a freebie group for a gift (SL Free & Offers, Fitmesh Fanatics, etc...).  Of those 59, only one is my land group and all but a handful of the others are store groups that I belong to specifically to hear stuff from them or get their groupie stuff.  Every now and then I come across a new store that I really like and want to join their group. I then have to decide if I want the new place/group more than one of my existing groups, and if so, which one am I willing to give up (taking join fees into consideration also).

I would be willing to pay a bit more for more groups.  How much?  Not sure really at this point. 

• Like 2

Many stores have a subscriber device in addition to a group if you're running out of space. The subscribers don't count towards your group count. due to being on group owned land i don't see any point having a group i can't set things out to only group availability. I find if i want to send out a gift or update about something Subscribe-o-matic works out very well. coming from the days of a 15-20 group limit i'm more inclined to join subscriber lists unless i need to join a group or it's a store i like that does really good group only freebies or discounts

I have switched some of my groups over to subscribe groups and I will take that option over an inworld group some of the time.  However, for some of my group stores, they might have both types but you can only get get the group gift or purchase discount by having a group tag active, which requires an inworld group.  I really like the few that give their gifts via notices and give the same gift to both the inworld group and the subscriber group.  I'm not sure if there is an easy way for them to give discounts to subscriber members though.  Not to mention that many stores likely don't want to pay the fees associated with the subscriber service - at least, I assume there is a fee associated.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.