Alexa Linden

Web Team Springs some Deploys on you

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you’re somewhere where Spring has sprung and the weather is getting warmer and the days longer.

Spring so far has been eventful for the web team and we’d like to share a few highlights.  

• With the Premium land changes we had lots of updates to make across our different pages.
  • Work was done on Linden Homes backend updates
  • We shared some amazing 15th Birthday News here
  • A few notable things came out of this announcement.  One of these was strong attendance at our Web User Group.  Thanks go out to Inara Pey for a great blog post on the meeting 
  • We listened to your feedback and we also learned from you:

It was brought to our attention that within the Marketplace Fee and Listing Guidelines, under Disallowed Actions, it stated:

“The following actions are disallowed. Note that these actions are disallowed by the Second Life Terms of Service, and are restated here for clarification.

• Anti-Competitive or Abusive Behavior. Examples include, but are not limited to:
    • inflating prices on the SL Marketplace, in comparison to in-world or other e-commerce sites,”

We’ve removed the section which applied to inworld stores.  This was contrary to your interests and our interests.  Marketplace is a tool to use in your overall product marketing strategy and if you'd like to differentiate pricing between online and inworld stores, that's your decision to make.
This line now reads:

• Anti-Competitive or Abusive Behavior. Examples include, but are not limited to:
    • inflating prices on the SL Marketplace or other e-commerce sites,”

• We have provided some new options for displaying your transaction history, which you can now easily filter by “Today,” “1 day,” “7 days,” or “28 days” with the click of a button.
  • We have also re-enabled the search functions on the Second Life Wiki. Happy searching!
  • Restructured account deactivation flow to provide solutions to potential issues.
  • And finally, we would like to say a fond farewell to the Suggestion page. This page is no longer receiving your feedback. But that doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you! If you would like to submit a Feature Request, please follow this wiki guide to Submitting Feature Requests. We know you all have wonderful ideas, and we are always interested in hearing them.

As always, thank you all for making Second Life great!  We love hearing from you and you can reach us at our monthly Web User Group or through Jira.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Alexa Linden said:
  • And finally, we would like to say a fond farewell to the Suggestion page. This page is no longer receiving your feedback. But that doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you! If you would like to submit a Feature Request, please follow this wiki guide to Submitting Feature Requests. We know you all have wonderful ideas, and we are always interested in hearing them.

That's a shame. This was another hidden gem of sorts. I used it a few times and passed it along as well, though it's been a while 'cause maybe I forgot about it. :$ The best thing about it of course was it was not as cumbersome as a feature request. Can I ask, are we kissing it goodbye because of lack of use? 

18 hours ago, Alexa Linden said:

We have also re-enabled the search functions on the Second Life Wiki. Happy searching!

Yippee! 

1 hour ago, Willow Wilder said:

That's a shame. This was another hidden gem of sorts. I used it a few times and passed it along as well, though it's been a while 'cause maybe I forgot about it. :$ The best thing about it of course was it was not as cumbersome as a feature request. Can I ask, are we kissing it goodbye because of lack of use? 

Yippee! 

Hi Willow!

We closed the Suggestion flow for a couple of reasons.  Many people were confused by its purpose and were using it as a method to reach support and not getting the support they needed.  Jira Feature Requests are a better process for submitting your ideas as they are seen by a larger group of people and we can link up related ideas or duplicates.  Feature Requests are also triaged weekly by the Second Life Team.  Lastly, we found that it was not getting our regular attention despite our effort and realized that is unfair.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1