Too Many RL Questions

kershe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, ThorinII said:

Whenever a new girl submitted to me, I used to ask "What time zone are you in?" when that wasn't mentioned in her profile already. And I even asked that question only because I live SLT+9 . and I need to be sure that zime zone differences aren't to become a problem for both of us.

Everything else - age, gender, location, name, look and so on of the person behind the avattar - is not of interest fo rMe.

ok yeah we kinda have to mention that, spech if we go for any sort of relationship or job (damn we used to be quite popular, being able to work hours US ppl couldn´t^^)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Seeing as Disney owns the right to SW now, don't hold your breath. They have put the kibosh on anything Disney in SL. With good reason, copyright and trademark laws. 

oh shush you :P I said DREAM... let me dream willya:P  BAD deadpool!!!!!!

• Haha 1

Yeah timezone is a need to know. And knowing which part of the world someone is at. Can also lead to nice chats about culture and history. And good to know to avoid frustrations when it comes to develop relationships,  When there is a too big of a gap it often just lead to sleepless nights spent waiting which is not healthy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NicoleDane said:

Yeah timezone is a need to know. And knowing which part of the world someone is at. Can also lead to nice chats about culture and history. And good to know to avoid frustrations when it comes to develop relationships,  When there is a too big of a gap it often just lead to sleepless nights spent waiting which is not healthy

Not really. What time you are usually on SL is a need to know. That can have nothing to do with what part of the world you live in.

ANECDOTE TIME!! Grab your tasty beverage and a light snack while Uncle Pool regales you with a tale of his misspent youth. 

I used to work the graveyard shift doing security on a construction site. All i had to do was make sure the lot was clear once an hour. The owner paid for really high speed interwebs and graciously allowed the security staff to use it. I was online in SL from 9pm SLT to 6 am SLT... Most assumed i was from Europe or Aussieland. (ah, Aussieland the only place with creatures deadlier than me) They were dead wrong. (You see what i did there?) They were rather surprised at my wikkid awesome Boston accent when  i was on voice. 
So you see kids. where you are in the world is much less important than when you are online. 

Just a bit of advice from your friendly neighborhood Spid.... *coughs* Dead uhh Deadpool. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm generally an open book when it comes to RL.  In fact, this is what my first life tab says in my profile:

"There's no reason for me to really put anything here, because if you talk to me long enough I'll tell you everything you wanted to know.  And probably things you didn't."

That said, I don't ask people much about their own lives outside of SL.  I figure if they want me to know, they'll tell me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Donovan Michalski said:

I'm generally an open book when it comes to RL.  In fact, this is what my first life tab says in my profile:

"There's no reason for me to really put anything here, because if you talk to me long enough I'll tell you everything you wanted to know.  And probably things you didn't."

That said, I don't ask people much about their own lives outside of SL.  I figure if they want me to know, they'll tell me.

best way to go!!!

No reason to know it all after 5 minutes

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kershe said:

Once at a RL party, a guy told me, "If I'm talking to someone online, and I'm not sure if they're a woman in RL, I have an infallible test to find out: I ask them what they do for a yeast infection."

I say the question should be "what was the count on your last smear" and see how they react but that is only a joke.

There is no litmus test to prove gender online.  I learned a long time ago it's more trouble than it's worth to bother thinking about anyway.  It is much more important to me that the person I am talking to knows what a "moistened bint" refers to than whether they pee standing up.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
changed bink to bint like it is supposed to be -- Sorry, Maddy
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

It is much more important to me that the person I am talking to knows what a "moistened bink" refers to than whether they pee standing up.

Where I come from, a "moistened bink" is a child's pacifier, coated in spittle.

A "moistened bint" however is akin to a "watery tart".

And I am hopeful that a bunch of us will rise from the swamp (with #2 pencils instead of scimitars) to deliver a mandate from the masses, deposing a certain "man who would be king", after which there will be spanking... and "the oral 'canoodling' ".

;-).

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

A "moistened bint" however is akin to a "watery tart".

DENNIS: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

ARTHUR: Be quiet!

DENNIS: Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

ARTHUR: Shut up!

DENNIS: I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

ARTHUR: Shut up, will you? Shut up!

DENNIS: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.

ARTHUR: Shut up!

DENNIS: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!

DENNIS: Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?

=======================================

/me is not as smart as she thinks she is :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.