Too Many RL Questions

kershe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've never had such creepy encounters, but my wife had someone in her friendslist who always asks "How can I imagine you in Real Life?" ¬¬

I think such kind of questions come from people who consider Second Life to be just a 3d chat or game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThorinII said:

I think such kind of questions come from people who consider Second Life to be just a 3d chat or game.

The people who think of SL as a game are LESS likely to ask this stuff.

If you're in here as a game experience, you don't want that messed up by RL junk.

The people.

who.

ask me!

one.

or tWo

word?

questions:

or,

statements!

rEalLy...

Get,

to.

bE

Annoying...

Like... put a little more into there than

Hi

sex?

where live?

ur name?

It's been a while... but I used to get drilled with questions a lot too. Not as much the darker in tone I made the skin of avatar... but it still happens.

Sometimes I might actually be looking for some naughty play time in SL... and these blokes are a MAJOR turn off...

(it's one benefit of the AFK places, I don't have to read their horrid comments and interrogations...)

• Like 7

8 hours ago, SodaGnome said:

If you look like this in game, no one will ever ask you for rl information.

If I play a sexy young female avatar... ya I get bugged a lot.

sodagnome102.jpg

Usually, it's avatars that look like that that are asking all the crazy questions! xD

• Haha 6

I love when a guy feel entitled to something lol gives me reasons to release my inner kraken on them. Funny enough I used to have my actual RL pic on my profile and didn't get bothered a lot while I had it there, but probably because I wasn't exploring a lot.

Bad is, if I'm straight forward and say that I'm not interested when the guy clearly has third intentions, he will pretend he just want to be friends and that I'm full of myself. If they were only man enough to admit they're just creeping I'd have more respect for them :P

I mean that to the creepy guys not men in  general of course.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

my inworld FirstLife part  gives my age, gender and location plus my hobbies.... xD  I think that should be sufficient for... a lot of conversations... Don´t think those dudes would read profiles... that´s what ticks me off the most

Edited by Akasha Sternberg
  • Like 2

Some I think are just nosy. Others could also be trying to grooming.

As in if they know they can get information then slowly they might want pics.

I remember there have been times where people start with sl chat. But then after they get the information they try to wreck havoc on others rl.

So when people pry too much it is a godsend that we can block them.

• Like 1

Just now, NicoleDane said:

Some I think are just nosy.

Time to buy one of those KGB / CIA tutorials on building and upholding a legend for a fake ID I guess? at least teh witness protection progrmam shoudl have taht information out for the public, right?

Maybe whe should just give in to their roleplaying and take it to a new level :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

I dream of a day where we can LEGALLY have a DECENT (as in screen accurate decent....pet peeve of mine...) SW stuff in SL (I have a nice TIE fighter to fly in  - with no chance of an interior shot as there´s no cockpit and stuffs....) Plus the only chance to get some decent armour was an offer by some weird dude in a new sim´s RP group that was VERY rude and yierks in groupchat- and it takes a lot for me to post that....).... kudos for your attempt though.... I´d have at least commented on it...

*coughs BTT everyone....BTT!!

if some random man with his hand down his pants has a name for my babyfeeding organs... DAMN that one needs a life....he should join this so called Real Life....

Seeing as Disney owns the right to SW now, don't hold your breath. They have put the kibosh on anything Disney in SL. With good reason, copyright and trademark laws. 

58 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Reading profiles is lastnamer habits...I only do it when I deem it necessary...

Seeing as you will soon be able to buy a last name for yourself, you might want to stop the oldbie bashing... :P Damn kids and their damn new fangled gizmos walkin all over my lawn... 

@OP

Yeah, there are some nosy people, men and women in SL. Just mute and move on. That was really tame compared to some of the requests i have gotten or heard about. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

my inworld FirstLife part  gives my age, gender and location plus my hobbies.... xD  I think that should be sufficient for... a lot of conversations... Don´t think those dudes would read profiles... that´s what ticks me off the most

Yes!  My 1st life tab gives my *stats* in a fun way without being precise that one reading it needs to stop & think just for a moment about, but it is there.  And yet I can tell when I am getting hit on for a quickie based on the questions that come in..

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Yeah, there are some nosy people, men and women in SL. Just mute and move on. That was really tame compared to some of the requests i have gotten or heard about. 

Why mute people you could play pranks on?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fionalein said:

It's always the guys... even if it's a female avatar that asks the questions about your RL... it's usually a guy behind the keyboard then... (at least in my experience)

I dunno... the first time I actually encountered people who acted like this in RL... it was two women.

Granted I had found myself at a Dungeons and Dragons convention... so maybe that was it... but it was women.

In RL... the guys are only too happy to provide some rather long and detailed 'lines'...

1 minute ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I dunno... the first time I actually encountered people who acted like this in RL... it was two women.

Granted I had found myself at a Dungeons and Dragons convention... so maybe that was it... but it was women.

In RL... the guys are only too happy to provide some rather long and detailed 'lines'...

that is because at a D&D convention the guys tell you all about their character and how cool he is and what things he did =^.^=

• Haha 1

There is a RL version of what I was talking about - there are people who stand way too close and ask question after question. I was watching The Assassination of Gianni Versace and the guy who played Andrew Cunanan was exactly like that. Talking with someone like that is like experiencing an relentless step-after-step invasion, the point of which you cannot see.

6 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

Often I just use the 'firstworld' part for added text. But I do put a tiny bit of RL in there...

sort of a 'no I am not a naked neko in RL' (you'd be surprised how many guys and some women on nudist sims get wound up over that very point).

As annoyed as I get about people that don't read my profile, I am guilty of it as well many times.

Often in reading profiles I start to wish I didn't... But it is also very illuminated to see the different kinds of things people put in their profiles.

Seems to follow some common trends:

• 'love notes' to people they are fond of - basically using the profile as a private response to their social group. "I remember when I first met you, how magical it was, you are my special sister, blah blah blah"
  • 'Business junk' - contact me here, send a notecard or bug off, don't do private commissions, here's my MP, etc... These people often have no personality in that profile. I've been surprised a few times to realize it was NOT a business alt - they socialized on that account.
  • Name, rank, and serial number. Check the first life tab for a RL pic of me and my dog. Or if this is an adult venue... me and my "dog". - the TMI folks who put no wall between Sl and RL. Even as they sit in a XXX club asking for some wank-time.
  • The 'dark lord voldermort who is also Detective Jones' types... the entire profile is a RP card.
  • Hi, I'm Candy and I like to meet people - followed by 12 unmodified Picks to sex clubs and 'free stuff' shops. "Professional noobs" - because this profile looks like it belongs on a 2 day old account, but is often found on a 12 year old account as well...

- Many profiles are amazingly repetitive within these themes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Will you voice to prove you are a female? -um no?  What were we supposed to go out & pick out china patterns & get married? 

Do you look like your avi in RL?  -well we both have 2 arms 2 legs a head.....

You are a man or really fat since you won't "prove yourself"  -Hey man whatever gets you thru the night.

This is a pet peeve of mine. You want me to prove that I'm female? How about you prove that you are male? But no, I don't think men ever get asked to prove their real life gender. Even though there are plenty of men in Second Life who are women in their first lives. 

You can wait until the next time I feel like turning on voice. Or my next dj set. Or you can do what I do and just not worry about it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

This is a pet peeve of mine. You want me to prove that I'm female? How about you prove that you are male? But no, I don't think men ever get asked to prove their real life gender. Even though there are plenty of men in Second Life who are women in their first lives. 

You can wait until the next time I feel like turning on voice. Or my next dj set. Or you can do what I do and just not worry about it. 

Once at a RL party, a guy told me, "If I'm talking to someone online, and I'm not sure if they're a woman in RL, I have an infallible test to find out: I ask them what they do for a yeast infection."

He was so pleased with himself that he didn't notice I was speechless. After a while I managed to say, "So if they get pissed off and leave, does that prove they're a woman?" He scoffed. Then I pointed out that his test would prove that he is a woman in RL. That was too much. He scowled, walked off, and wouldn't speak to me again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, kershe said:

Once at a RL party, a guy told me, "If I'm talking to someone online, and I'm not sure if they're a woman in RL, I have an infallible test to find out: I ask them what they do for a yeast infection."

He was so pleased with himself that he didn't notice I was speechless. After a while I managed to say, "So if they get pissed off and leave, does that prove they're a woman?" He scoffed. Then I pointed out that his test would prove that he is a woman in RL. That was too much. He scowled, walked off, and wouldn't speak to me again.

Ugh, I am trying to resist the urge to google that >.< I don't know the answer and I don't know if I actually want to know!

Wtf kinda question is that, why would only women know that and why would he think *all* woman would know? O.o

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Ugh, I am trying to resist the urge to google that >.< I don't know the answer and I don't know if I actually want to know!

Wtf kinda question is that, why would only women know that and why would he think *all* woman would know? O.o

don't... Google will forever plague you with ads for antimycotica if you do...

I have my suspicion why he thinks every woman should know, maybe all his girlfriends for some mysterious reasons had to find out how to treat it ;)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 4

Whenever a new girl submitted to me, I used to ask "What time zone are you in?" when that wasn't mentioned in her profile already. And I even asked that question only because I live SLT+9 . and I need to be sure that zime zone differences aren't to become a problem for both of us.

Everything else - age, gender, location, name, look and so on of the person behind the avattar - is not of interest fo rMe.

Edited by ThorinII
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.