Alternate Accounts and Harassment

Roth Grut

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Years ago I included a screenshot of the chat someone had sent me in an abuse report. The responding Linden told me I was violating the ToS by doing so...

- Of course that is usually the response 'folks of a lighter shade' make in response to racism or 'folks of a masculine anatomy' in response to sexism, they blame the victim for daring to report or speak out... And find some technicality upon which to base that flipping of things...

But... it is something to consider when filing an AR...

1 minute ago, CoffeeDujour said:

I think it depends if your screenshot (as taken by the abuse report floater) shows the offending conversation on viewer UI .. I can see you getting a slap on the wrist if you had copy pasted it onto a notecard and screenshot that.

Likely it was outsourced help that had no idea how SL actually works. Never blame malice for what can be more easily attributed to stupidity.

• Like 3

Does not center the speech of the houses was only to respond to Coffedujour, the question is that in my opinion the user lock in the public rooms does not work because I repeat does not completely block an annoying user.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, art81 said:

Does not center the speech of the houses was only to respond to Coffedujour, the question is that in my opinion the user lock in the public rooms does not work because I repeat does not completely block an annoying user.

I suspect there's a language barrier here, because I'm reading this and I have to ask- you want to make it so when you block someone, they get locked in place and can't move?

Again, the land owner can do that. If the land owner won't do that for you, you simply leave, and the block is complete.

I think I have spoken plainly (except my translator) I have already said that they do not center the houses or the personal land, I speak only of the block in the common rooms. The block must also block a person's avatar so they can no longer disturb them in any way and both should not see each other anymore just so there may be peace.

SL can not tell the difference between a home or a "common space", it is all the same system.

The tools you have to block and report people are all you're getting. Linden Lab will not be changing how things work anytime soon, if ever.

We can help you to use the supplied tools more effectively, but that is all.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.