Sim performance At a all time low.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sim performance at a all time low today with recent resets can someone from all Explain why to can't sail more than one sim . I believe the complete lack of attention to this and the new pin ball wizard of a CEO should be made aware That this this is happening on a regular basics , This is not ea Sports this is Secondlife . A craters and builders and vechile recreation simulation . I am going to recommend When Sims are so dysfunction that all sailing players leave the game . The only way to get action is by action . It seems , Secondly is onlooker addressing grievers ether leaving it a wide world open to the recent Youth they dumped into the grid , Ra reports are Joke, I recommend if performance isn't taken seriously lets Just empty the grids . When they see there numbers falling then maybe but not likely will they address problems ,

It depends on the Region and the Computer, mostly the computer. A few places I've visited did have a lot of objects displayed which were unrelated to the activity and did not help performance.

It is rumored that all Lindens have Super Computers specially designed to allow Lindens to navigate SL seamlessly and interface flawlessly. 

Is it a software problem? Yes, sorta, but SL is being developed and it takes time to improve systems.

Is it a hardware problem? Well, how much and what types do you have? Deep Blue, Watson, Gordon, Tanuki?  

watson.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

0_0 don't laugh at super computers, there is at least one online game that used super computers(s) and you yourself can start getting old pentium 4's and stringing them together with some snappy network gear and make one in you spare room..supercomputers are here AND the newest ones fit onyour desktop! Heck, even china has super fast supercomputers and even GPU cards are being used to help create supercomputers. Everyone is getting them, it is only a matter of time you have 10+ parrall CPU cores running in your home AND two or three GPU chips doing double duty for some tasks!

Maybe you know this and figure they are testing that new server side rendering stuff and have those 15CPU core desktops ect!!!

I bet they have wicked fast bandwidth though, they don't have as much stuff to deal with and wicked low ping times I bet! One day I can imagine someone sneaking in there JUST to load all thier fav stuff and make funny machinima with like100fps on thier secret supercomputers with super insanely fast GPU cards that cost more than some peoples entire desktop system!!! YOu know secret stealth helicopters drop in new GPU's at night and they also have secret curriors carrying extra CPU cores smuggled from the factories prototype labs to...right? I think I might have said to much already.../me drops from wire and slides out of vent and runs for cover as teh security cams roll around to sweep the area.."I hate dumpsters....ugh, goulash special in the cafaeteria :( This aint gonna dry clean out..."

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Sailing, like in boats? Sounds fun, I would like to try that.

Check out the whole Blake Sea area for SL sailing - it's good :-)  You might like to start at Starboard's Yacht Club (Hollywood sim) or Nantucket Yacht Club (which is also the sim name), just as suggestions.

Poenald Palen wrote:

it is only a matter of time you have 10+ parrall CPU cores running in your home AND two or three GPU chips doing double duty for some tasks!

Sounds like a great setup! For SL to poop on. The app can't even deal with the horrors of SLI and Crossfire with a mere two cards running together. What would it do with chained architecture like you're describing? Rez a huge disembodied hand that zooms out of the center monitor and punches the user in the face?

:smileyvery-happy:

You want to see how well built a computer is, throw SL on it.  You don't judge the computer on how well the graphics look.  You judge it by how long it takes for the computer to throw up it's hands and crashes.

Basically, SL is a super computer's Kryptonite.

I admit, there have been major improvements over the years.  I can now TP with only one failing in every 50 tries.  Used to be every other.  Sim crossing was a new form of torture, but I usually get smooth transitions, unless the sim I'm entering has so many scripts/flashing textures/what have you, that it's bogged down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.