physical elevator to 4000m

Ernesto Perez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just looked up the product in MP, it is mod, so I guess you can just drop in other elevator scripts and rebuild it to your liking... Trick here is : don't do the automatic resizing, build your elevator shaft manually from several sections.

Edited by Fionalein

I want whole elevator, not only script. Elevator is complete system. There is security, inside-outside buttons, doors, options, etc. I have nothing to do with only script. Script must control something. But when there is nothing to control, then the script becomes useless. 

15 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

I want whole elevator, not only script. Elevator is complete system. There is security, inside-outside buttons, doors, options, etc. I have nothing to do with only script. Script must control something. But when there is nothing to control, then the script becomes useless. 

You wnat a simulation of  RL elevator. SL is a different environment, humans have a long tradtion of adapting to new environments and hence the elevators that are sold here are usually only optimized for SecondLife's "laws of nature". The stuff you want is so out of the line you should learn to build your own, or be ready to pay big buck for a solution custom buildt for you... because I really doubt they exist. Just hop to a random sim and politely ask people how they will want to traverse 4000m  hieght in SL... few if any at all will say "physical elevator".

Edited by Fionalein

My best advice though: nonphiysical tracks. Make the elevator a vehicle moving along invisble tracks like SLRR does (you can even steal and adapt the SLRR scripts, an elevator and  train taht goes upstairs are not so different in coding) the tracks need to some prims (can ve invisble and nonphysical) and the elevator shaft can be anything you like (as the elevator runs on the invisible tracks).

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Btw most “physical” movement elevators move very slowly. Depending on how high you start, it would take a very long time to get up to 4000 feet.

Yes, I want slow movement - I have lots of time, Im in SL because I have huge free time and money, I have time to travel whole day to up and I enyoy every meter. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.