child avatar

omega01 Stoop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

13 hours ago, omega01 Stoop said:

Wondering how do child avatars get away with bullying  Adults are they overlooked Because they play a child she follows her mother to mature settings 

If a child avatar bullies another guest the parcel owner will most likeley kickban it, just as the other way round... yeah I find "strawberrie flavoured farties" disturbing too, but I never was bullied by a child, annoyed ? Yes, a lot. Asked if they can take me home (I was a plushie giraffe then)? Yes. Bullied? Never. You seem to forget the child avatar owner is a minimum of 16 years old behind the keyboard... there are no excuses and most landowners see that similar.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

There are different flavors of "child" avatar...

The "SL Kid" size, usually roleplaying something like age 6 to 10 or so don't bother me at all. Then there are the "Toddler" ones, usually using Toddleedoo avatars.

Toddleedoo avatars (oh, perhaps 50% of them, anyway) are creepy and often outright griefers. They try to get by with calling their antics "pranks", but really? "Strawberry-flavoured-fart" is still a griefing tactic (for example: when they use their toy "fart gun" to make other avatars "fart", etc.).

As for creepy: because babytalk is annoying and creepy. Because a 3-year-old acts and talks like a 7-year-old. Because they often look the same: often like the elevator twins in The Shining.

@omega01 Stoop in your question it's because those "parents" aren't. Many are RL younger than the child they are the parent of. They don't have a clue.

• Like 4

Wait, what I gather from your post is that because she follows her mother to mature settings that's something you consider bullying?
Hardly so.

Which makes me wonder what you consider as 'mature settings'. Underage avatars are permitted into mature regions as well as adult regions as long as they are nowhere near any sexual activities. As far as I've read, standing next to a sex bed is ok for them as long as nobody is using it and no sexual props are rezzed.

It's a very grey zone though, and quite frankly I do agree with the general conseus that they should stay out of adult regions entirely and be careful about the mature ones. They're playing with fire and while they might not have any nefarious intentions all it takes is a Linden getting the wrong idea and bye bye goes that person. Forever.

• Like 4

On 16-4-2018 at 1:57 AM, omega01 Stoop said:

Wondering how do child avatars get away with bullying  Adults are they overlooked Because they play a child she follows her mother to mature settings 

I think it could be done by the majority who defends that individual out of pity because of the role that person who bullies assumes. If it was up to me, and if the situation was troublesome, then I would make a new roleplay rule; Make sure that person who assumes the role of that child get treated as an adult equally.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kurenai Jun said:

I think it could be done by the majority who defends that individual out of pity because of the role that person who bullies assumes. If it was up to me, and if the situation was troublesome, then I would make a new roleplay rule; Make sure that person who assumes the role of that child get treated as an adult equally.

Edited by omega01 Stoop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.