Megaprims HUD wanted!

Ernesto Perez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! Now I have problem myself with finding right product. I was once very good megaprims searching HUD calles Salt. But Now it dont work anymore. It activates and finds correct megaprims, but when I start download it, nothing happens. Then I buyed some MPB HUD. But its crap, dont have search at all and all prims are only integrated, not downloading and searching. So, what is right now good megaprims searching and downloading HUD? Salt was able to search both with exact parameters and approximately. Thank you for help.

3 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Why do you need to search megaprims? If I had some on my land I would know where they are if I had to build something new I would not use them.

I need search megaprims because I dont have it with parameters as I need. And how you build whole sim sky holosphere without megaprims. I think its impossible.

2 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

I need search megaprims because I dont have it with parameters as I need. And how you build whole sim sky holosphere without megaprims. I think its impossible.

Today's prim limits let you make prims bigger then 64x64x64, making megaprims obsolete, and is further supported with the  creation of mesh. Current prim limits let you make prims bigger then 265x265x265(sim surrounds are bigger then this and are made with one or two prims).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Just search in marketplace. A lot of sellers have different packs of megaprims.

1 hour ago, Laufiair Hexicola said:

Today's prim limits let you make prims bigger then 64x64x64, making megaprims obsolete, and is further supported with the  creation of mesh. Current prim limits let you make prims bigger then 265x265x265(sim surrounds are bigger then this and are made with one or two prims).

How? Not sure we're using the same SL here. I can only stretch a prim to 64x64x64 and no further. Am I missing something?

Mesh limits are ALSO 64 x 64 x64 meters. Actually sometimes they will not stretch QUITE there.  So I have no idea what the person saying we can build bigger with mesh is talking about. To do that (and I have done it) you have to make your item and then split it into pieces). You can upload a linkset that way.  You cannot JOIN it in SL (at least all my trials didn't work) and so you can have prim shift -- and do.  So mesh acts the same way as prims do. 

I still use a megaprim for a full sim base, but that's about it. My old large surrounds use the same megaprims but the 64 x 64 and smaller have been remade in regular prims or curved sided mesh. 

Edit:  And the website that used to deliver those megaprims via the hud closed awhile back so I doubt a hud would work.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
more info
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Laufiair Hexicola said:

Only this is not true at all. 64 is still limit today, without megaprims.

13 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just search in marketplace. A lot of sellers have different packs of megaprims.

Already searched...they dont have...example 170x170x0.5 or 190x190x0.5 dont have. Its so sad the web was closed. Why the bloody hell it was closed. When I start searching for every prim one hour each, then finally I loose interest to SL at all.

Edited by Ernesto Perez

7 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Already searched...they dont have...example 170x170x0.5 or 190x190x0.5 dont have. Its so sad the web was closed. Why the bloody hell it was closed. When I start searching for every prim one hour each, then finally I loose interest to SL at all.

Welll yeah, megaprins only come in certain sizes. You’re not going to find those sizes.

57 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Not true. With SALT HUD I get any size.

even in Wanted his threads get a nasty tone... not just in questions/discussion.

Stick to salt than... if it's not around anymore, deal with the loss and move on.

• Like 1

One of the BEST IMHO things about Opensim is the ability to make very large prims or mesh. I could make a full sim hilly landform (and did) that worked perfectly and cause no lag at all. There is OF COURSE a very big danger in people uploading both huge AND heavy mesh so I get why they aren't allowed in SL, but the big prims (you can make them much bigger than full sim if you want, but I never did) and being able to LINK across larger distances was wonderful.  I really can't see why we can't link larger prims and mesh here; that would be VERY helpful.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

One of the BEST IMHO things about Opensim is the ability to make very large prims or mesh. I could make a full sim hilly landform (and did) that worked perfectly and cause no lag at all. There is OF COURSE a very big danger in people uploading both huge AND heavy mesh so I get why they aren't allowed in SL, but the big prims (you can make them much bigger than full sim if you want, but I never did) and being able to LINK across larger distances was wonderful.  I really can't see why we can't link larger prims and mesh here; that would be VERY helpful.  

OMG I just had an epiphany! If all the people (not you, you’re always nice and helpful) who b*tch and moan about SL features they don’t like moved to OpenSim, we’d have a nice happy SL Community!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/15/2018 at 5:06 AM, Ernesto Perez said:

And how you build whole sim sky holosphere without megaprims

If you want to build with prims, go ahead and use prims.  How many prims you use to cover 190x190x0.5  does not matter.  Land does not use prim count any more.  It is all about Land Impact now.

That's why you can't find megaprims any more.  They are obsolete.  All you get from them are rendering and culling problems with zero upside.

36 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

If you want to build with prims, go ahead and use prims.  How many prims you use to cover 190x190x0.5  does not matter.  Land does not use prim count any more.  It is all about Land Impact now.

That's why you can't find megaprims any more.  They are obsolete.  All you get from them are rendering and culling problems with zero upside.

190x190x0.5 sphere takes 1 prim or 1 LI. When megaprims are obsolete, then how you make 190x190x0.5 sphere ?

The Salt HUD is working fine - I just used it - but you do have to request a size that was actually made by someone way back then and I'm pretty sure that 190x190 was never a size that was available.

The Salt stuff is not creating new megaprims to give out, it is simply sending you a copy of an existing megaprim and back in the day they were only made in certain sizes.  I even have some boxes of megaprims and I don't see anything that is 190x190 in there.

On 4/16/2018 at 3:57 AM, Ernesto Perez said:

Not true. With SALT HUD I get any size.

That statement is not true.  With Salt you could get any size THAT EXISTS -- i.e. any size that was made back in the time period when the system glitch allowed folks to make the megaprims.  If nobody thought 190x190 would be useful then likely nobody made one in that size. 

That is why your SALT HUD is not responding -- not because it is broke but because that size does not exist.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That statement is not true.  With Salt you could get any size THAT EXISTS -- i.e. any size that was made back in the time period when the system glitch allowed folks to make the megaprims.  If nobody thought 190x190 would be useful then likely nobody made one in that size. 

That is why your SALT HUD is not responding -- not because it is broke but because that size does not exist.

No, Salt HUD finds in my case exactly size I write, but when I start downloading (click on it), nothing happens. I dont know whats wrong, maybe I must use some other account. Maybe problem is with avatar complexity, its pretty high, 200. Also there is something wrong with this HUD at all, some bug in script, because it start working only from some weared location. Normally HUD-s must work in any weared location. When its not visible, then you can edit it and muve to whatever location, but hud-s still must work everywhere, but Salt HUD dont. Yes, of course it can find only existing megaprims, but there exist much more than some 10 000 pack that you can buy from marketplace. 10 000 is too few. Also there with those "packs" is problem with search - there usually dont have any search. Salt HUD have very good searching system - you can search approximate or exact by any xyz parameter. 

And megaprims are not at all obsolete, even when you own only 512 m2 land. 512 yes, but you have still 4096m high land. Example, I give my own example. I have physical elevator up to 4096m, with elevator shaft.  Shaft is from 5m high pieces. You can calculate how many pieces and prims you need to get up. Its lot. When you want to save prims, then you must use megaprims. In my exact case, I still dont use there megaprims, because I like shaft design (its part of whole complex and rezzed automatically by elevator cabine). But most people want to save prims. 

4 hours ago, Laufiair Hexicola said:

And thus mesh and Mesh Generator were born. I know you don't feel their obsolete, however as mesh becomes more popular Megaprims as a whole has become quite obsolete. If not, everyone would have em. This is from an architect/builder's pov.

Yes, mesh is goot stuff, takes less prims. But, you just cant build/make mesh, rezz and done, in inworld. And as I know, mesh cant be as big as megaprim.

Edited by Ernesto Perez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.