Idea start on clothes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Don't know if this fits in the building or fashion, but a small question is, where do one start on making mesh clothes. I seen some things on sale that just take the existing SL body, reupload it and throw their own textures on, claiming as they made it. Like taking the body, deleting the top and only uploading the pants part with textures. I also seen some that make it by hand, so I don't know which is a 'legal' way on doing it.

6 minutes ago, Centbair Daxeline said:

I seen some things on sale that just take the existing SL body, reupload it and throw their own textures on, claiming as they made it. Like taking the body, deleting the top and only uploading the pants part with textures.

Are you sure that you are looking at mesh clothes, not system clothes designed for the classic avatar body or for use with appliers on mesh bodies?  System clothes are, in fact, just textures that are applied directly to the avatar body.  That, and prim attachments, was all we had in SL until a very few years ago.  Many people still use the classic avatar body, and many designers use applied textures to create parts of outfits.

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Are you sure that you are looking at mesh clothes, not system clothes designed for the classic avatar body or for use with appliers on mesh bodies?  System clothes are, in fact, just textures that are applied directly to the avatar body.  That, and prim attachments, was all we had in SL until a very few years ago.  Many people still use the classic avatar body, and many designers use applied textures to create parts of outfits.

Not really. pretty much what I said. Mainly since some clothes I seen, uses the SL body textures, but they are just lower body as pants. Unless they transfer the UV information from the SL body over to the clothes they made. Mainly lookin for some good direction on making mesh clothes for sell on SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.