Perfect looking Asian avatar advice

Ryuunen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now for long time I was a anime kemono avatar but I’m planning to create a new avatar for a change and because I’m tired always being accuse to be a kid, having an anime avatar.

Since, I’m Asian also irl I was planning to create a very good new Asian looking avatar.

What I am aiming for, is to look like a Kpop idol, like they look in kpop videos on YouTube or pictures if you search for them. Reason for it is I really love their appearance and I’m a kpop fan.

If needed, I could add some pictures of real idols that I’d take as example but I think you good my idea.

Now here comes the problem, there so many mesh bodies, heads, skins etc on marketplace and I feel really lost.

I heard from some people, Maitreya and Slink are good and also bento has come up.

For Slink it was easy to find and seems costs 1250L$ for the others, Maitreya and Bento good endless results. So even more confusing.

Also thinking ahead I have to think about clothing and I think I have heard there are body and clothing technology now, wondering if true, so that new clothes kinda automatically fit the body. Maybe it’s called fitmesh.

Anyhow, I don’t wanna be trapped with new the body to buy only overpriced clothes made, especially for it but I’m not saying I wanna get a fancy avatar then dress in freebies either.

So far from reading description for easy cloth fitting, Slink sounds good but I’m unsure.

I haven’t thought much anymore about new avatars for the last 2 years so I feel kinda noobish about it. Also head choice can be tricky to achieve my goal and so on.  

So basically my goal in few words is: high quality avatar looking like a kpop idol (but doesn’t get the annoying you’re a kid red card in the face), so body and head that goes close to that, and also good quality hair, but still offer a great clothing choice.

For body I think I'm really sure Maitreya Lara, seems to be really great and customization is good too for it. Also clothing choice for the body is not good but legendary. Prices are okay for clothing not really cheap but I see a good price- quality relation. 

But for heads it's struggle to find something good and if it looks good in pictures doesn't real when you try the demo or find out need a lot of extra things not included in a 5000L$ head likes eye brows, eyes and so on. 

Found that https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Strawberry-Milk-Shape-Taeyeon/10895103  looks legendary in picture but in world hmmm unsure. 

ecca62b0767767d633e158939831a648.jpg  

For me it looks like that. Has the head it asks, skin and hair but still need lashes and eyes. And so far everything is demo except the taeyon shape, because before burning like 6000L$ for the head with all needed mods I wanna be sure.

But too me nose and lips and so on don't really look like in mp picture or does it?

32 minutes ago, Ryuunen said:

But too me nose and lips and so on don't really look like in mp picture or does it?

The shape in the MP listing states the following:

Created specifically for maitreya and Catwa Bento Catya Mesh Head 

If you're not trying that shape with the 'Catya' head from Catwa, it won't look the same as in the advert. Each Bento mesh head has a base 'starting shape' which will affect how slider changes look on it. The exact same slider changes on, say, Catwa 'Catya' will look entirely different on Catwa 'Hanako'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skell Dagger said:

The shape in the MP listing states the following:

If you're not trying that shape with the 'Catya' head from Catwa, it won't look the same as in the advert. Each Bento mesh head has a base 'starting shape' which will affect how slider changes look on it. The exact same slider changes on, say, Catwa 'Catya' will look entirely different on Catwa 'Hanako'.

Well in picture I'm wearing the catya demo head for proof I have added screenshot. I have also the demo hanako btw

c324f4f7f5fb1e30dbe01cc2a35670df.png

First: your photo is taken from a different angle than the ad picture. The ad picture is taken head-on and yours is taken from slightly above, which means you're seeing the chin as being longer than it is.

Second: you've also probably used the scrollwheel of your mouse to zoom in on your face, and that action is notorious for creating a 'fisheye lens' effect which lengthens and stretches the view of your face. Get your camera about 3m away from your face and angled directly head-on (level with and looking at your nose) and then repeatedly hit CTRL+0 (the Control key together with 'zero'. CTRL+9 will reset your view). This creates a more accurate look, and is probably what the creator of that shape did before they took their ad picture.

Here are two examples of the visual difference those two zoom settings make:

fashpic08.png

fashpic09.png

Third: if that doesn't make a difference then you can edit the shape anyway. All Bento heads allow you to edit their underlying shape by using the shape sliders. The demo shape probably won't allow you to edit it (for obvious reasons; you could just wear the demo all the time instead of buying the full version) but the full shape will let you do that.

Fourth: as a CSR for Catwa I need to tell you that your inventory screenshot shows you wearing two items that you don't need to:

1. CATWA EARS NoBento - These are not to be worn unless you plan on using third-party Bento ears, such as neko or elf ears that require animation. The Catya head already has ears. Adding the non-Bento ones will cause problems if you're not also using third-party animated ears. (For other third-party non-animated ears you can simply use your head's Master HUD to hide the head's ears.)
  2. CATWA TEETH A - You're not wearing the 'toothless' version of the head, so you're actually wearing two sets of teeth: the ones that come with the head and the additional ones. The additional teeth are worn only with the toothless head, and they allow you to use such add-ons as the Catwa bubblegum, etc.

Lastly, as @ALI131129i has just posted, to get the exact same look you need to wear the same skin as the one shown in the ad image. It does state that it comes with a style card, so if you buy the full shape you'll have that to go by.

• Thanks 1

I did the special zoom thing ctrl. Well exact same skin is a tiny bit problem since it's rare gacha. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Insol-Mashells-secrets-3-Bleeding-nose-ST-Creme/10768308 These gacha. And I have number 7 which is very close to rare one. And got also 2,3,4,7,10. Snapshot_003.thumb.png.25503de9170d5286bad85db20dd2e112.png

STYLE CARD:

-Skin: 
Insol: Mashell's secrets #RARE
-Hair: 
[taketomi]_Jiao_Dessin
Clothes:
{ V I N C U E } & Kibitz - Hakie+Set [Maitreya] RARE
-Eyes:
.:[PUMEC] :. -  Black 
Lashes:
[okkbye] Dramatic & Fluttering Falsies - CATWA Lashes (FATPACK)

That's the style cards. I have Mashell's secret 7  rare will take like 100 gachas I suppose but from the pics seems 7 and rare are nearly identical.

I have Jiao Dessin hair;  for clothes doesn't care much.   Now I need to find the eyes and Lashes. 

So far looked for the eyes and only:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PUMEC-Mesh-Eyes-PACK-4/10306606  and  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PUMEC-Mesh-Eyes-PACK-3/10306605   Seems .:[PUMEC] :. -  Black  are maybe the one in pack 4, the darkest ones. 

1 hour ago, Ryuunen said:

Well exact same skin is a tiny bit problem since it's rare gacha.

That is something I wish creators would not do. If you're going to sell a shape with a style card, the skin on the style card should be readily available. Some people want to look exactly like the ad image, so using a skin (and then offering a style card for it) that's incredibly difficult or costly to obtain is... well ¬¬

• Like 3

I've been playing around with an Asian look for about a week and a half now. While I'm not going for a K-pop look, I am going for a gyaru look so it's been slow going for me because I'm really stepping out of the box personally.

Out of all the heads for Catwa, Catya by far has the most shapes for sale for it. I would go with Catya for that reason alone for a head. Normally I use a Pink head for which there aren't very many shapes for sale, so I'm usually on my own when it comes to shape. In my attempt to make an asian avi, some of the skins I bought came with a shape that I was able to work with right out of the box because I already had a Catya and ALL three of the skins were made with Catya in mind.

That being said, try Session and Reon Hausen for a skin. Session is a very, very good skin and it's been flying under the radar it has one skin specifically designed for an asian look, but it comes with a shape too. Reon Hausen is 600L and it comes with everything: skin for the head, body appliers and a shape. For 600L thats a pretty good deal these days and I'd say the skin is a good quality skin to boot.

This is what I came up with using a Catya head and the Reon Hausen skin and shape:

Chiba2168small.jpg

A few things to clear up:

The Slink body does not come with hands and feet, when you add on them, the cost is 1250 for body, 875 for hands, and 675 for each different feet. I would say you need two, the flat and the high. So the total cost is 3475 if you buy this.

Second, pay attention to how small you want the breasts to be. It is hard to get them small and in a perfect shape. Slink just updated their female body with this: https://slinkstyle.com/2018/03/08/slink-skin-fair-2018/

This Augment is specially designed for the less endowed among us. It reduces the overall size of the breasts on the Physique bodies, and allows them to be reduced to almost flat, should that be what you desire! There is one that is perfectly compatible with Physique Original, and one that is perfectly compatible with Physique Hourglass. When you wear one of these augments with your body, it will cause the chest of your body to disappear, and then it will act as if it was always there, listening to the commands of the Physique female HUD, and all existing and new appliers for both Slink and Omega. (you will have to wear your Omega HUD to activate it)

When the augment is detached, the body goes back to it’s regular state.

The Petite Augment is available at Skin Fair 2018. It will be available at Slink once Skin Fair ends.

And Maitreya has this add-on: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/V-Tech-Boi-Flat-Chest-Mod-V24-For-Maitreya-Mesh-Body/10055283

It gives you a totally flat boi chest. If you don't want a flat chest, maybe demo the Maitreya body very close and see if you can get the breasts to look good.

I assume you want a small chest for this look.

Edited to add: Since you haven't bought a head, I wonder if you like this combination of head and skin: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ItGirls-Lelutka-Skin-Applier-Sui-Tan/11333461

Edited by Marianne Little

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

A few things to clear up:

The Slink body does not come with hands and feet, when you add on them, the cost is 1250 for body, 875 for hands, and 675 for each different feet. I would say you need two, the flat and the high. So the total cost is 3475 if you buy this.

There's a bundle with the body, full Bento hands and five-position feet for L$2800 now if you're starting with nothing.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

That is something I wish creators would not do. If you're going to sell a shape with a style card, the skin on the style card should be readily available. Some people want to look exactly like the ad image, so using a skin (and then offering a style card for it) that's incredibly difficult or costly to obtain is... well ¬¬

Yeah . That's really annoying that they do something like that. 

Also keep in mind that your windlight, combined with the use of other light sources can drastically alter the appearance of the skin. Your photo also appears to be overexposed. Are you also wearing a facelight?

I'd also refrain from buying any shapes from someone that does not offer a demo unless its a must have, or you don't mind shelling out for something that might not give you the results you were looking for. In those cases, I'd suggest contacting the seller directly, if they do not want to provide a demo; could they at least show you what the shape looks like as advertised in world?

Edited by Chase01

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.