which sim/land to buy for research purposes?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.

I`m a Psychology BA student, my university wants to perform a social behavior research in SL.
We need a private land where we can build a lab and couple of bots. that is it.
My question is how much would it cost and what type of land should we invest into? 

The project planed for 2 years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 2

Your University should contact Linden Lab directly (this is a resident forum, not Linden Lab) and ask as there are discounts (or will be sometime soon again :D) for educational purposes and this might apply.  Contact info is in the footer of this page. 

• Like 2

Deworah

I'd just like to quickly point out.... SL is a VERY 'fluid' world. I would like to suggest that you not limit yourself to a rigged 'plan'.

Just JUMP in there... buy a simple piece of mainland property.. and go to work at experimenting with it. As you develop your plan.. with lessons learned from this experience you'll be better able to manage your 'formal' project. Just a small lot can be sold at anytime... rather quickly if the price is right (I've turned over property within 24hrs.... several times). Then there's also the option to abandon it... if you so decide. If premium status... there is no tier cost (for now 1024m2) so it's only the cost of purchasing. I hate to say that land costs seems to have increased recently... but much is still available for less than L$2000 (less than US$10)

Edited by AviNews

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.