Account question

KarraSue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, KarraSue said:

My SL partner  passed away in RL a few weeks ago, What happens to her SL account now since she is gone?

I am sorry for your loss. Hugs This page might help

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Death_and_other_worries_outside_Second_Life

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

i would have thought that it would be still there if the account is free, they revert back to a free account , if they have a premium account and fail to pay so i presume untill someone closes it down  i, then it will still be there

Edited by binder59
mistake

45 minutes ago, binder59 said:

i would have thought that it would be still there if the account is free, they revert back to a free account , if they have a premium account and fail to pay so i presume untill someone closes it down  i, then it will still be there

most payment methods will get closed/locked after a person dies. The account, if no legal representative acts, will get locked in time. (with a debt because of the terminated payment method)

LL will not automaticly grade down to a basic membership. The legal representative only is able to contact LL about the account.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 7:41 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

most payment methods will get closed/locked after a person dies. The account, if no legal representative acts, will get locked in time. (with a debt because of the terminated payment method)

LL will not automaticly grade down to a basic membership. The legal representative only is able to contact LL about the account.

so the said person has to close the payment account his or herself ,  to keep his or her free account going, and they would not be in that position because, of them passing on then, is that correct

36 minutes ago, binder59 said:

so the said person has to close the payment account his or herself ,  to keep his or her free account going, and they would not be in that position because, of them passing on then, is that correct

yes,  and i think, most won't have their sl live in their testament/last will, so the remaining family/legal representative won't know it that there's a account here.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.