Keep having to erase cache for image resolution issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am working on a texture to apply to a mesh template and every so often, the image seems to pixelate and the only way to see the true resolution is to erase cache and log in again.  I am working on the image in PS and then viewing it doing a local upload.  I have never had this problem before and other images seem fine in the viewer. ( I am using the most recent Firestorm viewer for Mac.)  Sometimes the image looks good and sometimes bad. Is this something that once applied to the mesh could screw up for the person who buys this mesh?  In other words, is it just borked on my end occasionally?  It seems that way, but I just want to make sure before I set something for sale.  Thanks. 

Just brainstorming for a few more steps to narrow down on the potential cause of the problem, no real solution, but well...

- is your locally saved copy of the file showing any signs of corruption? If it's fine, the error may lay in the upload process.

- does your net connection show any odd behaviour like slowness or such? Have you rebooted your net hardware?

- when you encounter another corrupted local texture in your preview, try to upload the very same file as a regular texture and see if the effect is the same. 10L wasted, but at least you have a fair chance to know if a final version might be affected.

- if your network seems fine, perhaps run a check on your harddrive(s) with CrystalDiskInfo

I checked on my husband's computer running on the same network and it shows up fine. I think this must be a local issue.  It looks fine in preview for example, but when uploaded to firestorm, temporary or permanent, it seems pixelated unless I clear cache.  Just seems strange that I've never had this issue before.

Are you working in a location with a lot of texture maps? Or is your own avatar using a lot of texture memory? You have a limited amount of graphics memory and people tend to use far too much of it in SL, this can lead to what is known as "texture thrashing", where textures seem to go blurry/pixelated, and won't always rez properly again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.