How many objects are there in the whole Second Life?

txt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

16 answers to this question

You won't get an answer to this, some objects take up more prim space than others.

Best thing to do is go here:

http://gridsurvey.com/

Full Sims support 15,000 prims maximum.

Homesteads support 3,750 prims maximum.

An object can be one or more prims, hence why you won't get an answer regarding how many objects are in Second Life, what you'll need to do is do some maths with the stats at the link I provided and surmise potential usage.

• Like 2

Really difficult to say. A whole full region (sim) supports 15,000 primitives (an object can be many primitives often), a homestad region 3,750 and an openspace region 750. Regions are unlimited. If you open the world map, you will understand better about the number of sims we have in SL.

I find myself, again, thinking Pierre has the right track - asking what you actually want to know.

As a pure guess I would think each non-bot avatar has an inventory of an minimum 5k.  Would you count those?  With rezzed-objects (let alone actual prim-count), worn-objects and inventory-objects it's not hard to see why the asset servers are dealing in TB, not GB.

You are right. The question is not clear. I am looking for a rough approximation for the number of objects that are rendered in the whole Second Life. Thanks to Peewee, Ciaran and Lyre I obtained an approximation for the number of prims. Then, I made a little experiment with 50000 objects to have an idea about the average number of prims per object. The result was 5.65 prims per object. I think this data will be enough to move on with the study for now. Thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.