Can't Leave Learning Island

Witch0Queen0Mara7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay, so I literally am just starting on Second Life tonight and I am stuck at the end of Learning Island in the room with the gate that leads to Social Island... every time I tried to enter the gate, it said that no valid parcel could be found or some such error to that effect. Another new person tried to enter there and could not do so either, so this was not just happening to me. So how does one leave Learning Island and get to Social Island? Or have I encountered some sort of weird bug? Like I said, I am totally new to Second Life so I have no idea what is up with that gate.

7 answers to this question

I have submitted a support case to report that there is a problem with that area.  If you log out of Second Life, you will not return to Learning Island the next time that you log in.  I suggest that you log in again and then teleport to Social Island directly.  To do that, you may either set Social Island as your login destination in the dropdown menu on your login screen, or you may wait until after you log in, and then use the Map (icon at the bottom of your screen) to teleport to that destination.

• Like 1

Good luck, and welcome to Second Life.  Things here are joyfully unpredictable at times, somewhat like Real Life.  You'll enjoy it.  At you early convenience, I suggest visiting Caledon Oxbridge University,. in world, to work through some of their excellent self-guided tutorials.  They'll help fill in some of the holes that you will probably trip into from time to time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Lindens

Hi Witch0Queen0Mara7!

Welcome to Second life!  Sorry you had some difficulty leaving the Learning Island.  We've fixed the issue, so you and all other new residents should not have any further trouble with those portals.

Hope you have a fun time exploring SL!!

• Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.