E2V Ending Services - Store Credits & Redeliveries Impacted

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In case you haven't heard, E2V is retiring their services as of the end of May this year.  They provide Redelivery and Credit services for a lot of creators.  If you have any credit or a gift card at one of the stores using E2V, you should either use it or at least check with the store about their plans going forward.  You may also want to get a redelivery of every item you bought and toss those in a box, just in case.

Here is Strawberry's article on it:  https://strawberrysingh.com/2018/04/11/second-life-vendor-systems/

And here is  link to a web page that has an unoffical list of stores impacted. Note that this list is not necessarily complete.  https://www.pinterest.com/delmarSL/unofficial-e2v-store-list-direct-terminal-slurls/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In case you haven't heard, E2V is retiring their services as of the end of May this year.  They provide Redelivery and Credit services for a lot of creators.  If you have any credit or a gift card at one of the stores using E2V, you should either use it or at least check with the store about their plans going forward.  You may also want to get a redelivery of every item you bought and toss those in a box, just in case.

Here is Strawberry's article on it:  https://strawberrysingh.com/2018/04/11/second-life-vendor-systems/

And here is  link to a web page that has an unoffical list of stores impacted. Note that this list is not necessarily complete.  https://www.pinterest.com/delmarSL/unofficial-e2v-store-list-direct-terminal-slurls/

I think that most mega-stores, like Maitreya and Slink, are going to have to find a way to do updates after E2V closes.  I the past Maitreya has just sent out new versions when you wear the old one and it phones home, but Slink send out notices and you have to go to a redelivery terminal so they have a bigger issue.

Loosing store credit isn't the most important issue in my mind.  Updates are.

Edited by anna2358
  • Like 2

For reference, regarding Catwa being mentioned on both of those lists: Catwa is a self-hosted E2V server and won't be closing. She has asked for her logo/name to be removed because of that, but apparently it's still there. Her own words, passed on to us CSRs are: "Regarding the sad news about E2V vending system that they will be retiring. Maybe some of you are wondering what will happen to his CATWA redelivery history and credits balance. We have good news. Since CATWA has a Self-hosted system. It will not be effected. Our redelivery and credits system will keep going. If there will be any other changes I will let you know. "

• Thanks 7

4 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

For reference, regarding Catwa being mentioned on both of those lists: Catwa is a self-hosted E2V server and won't be closing. She has asked for her logo/name to be removed because of that, but apparently it's still there. Her own words, passed on to us CSRs are: "Regarding the sad news about E2V vending system that they will be retiring. Maybe some of you are wondering what will happen to his CATWA redelivery history and credits balance. We have good news. Since CATWA has a Self-hosted system. It will not be effected. Our redelivery and credits system will keep going. If there will be any other changes I will let you know. "

OK Skell, good to know.  But from the information out there right now, we have no way of knowing either that self-hosting implies that redelivery can continue, or indeed which vendors have it.  My biggest worry remains slink.

Perhaps I'm having a blunt moment, but what exactly is the Pinterst picture pool good for? "Try to recognize the redelivery terminal pic, which you might not even have noticed during your shopping spree"? 
Me thinks that the shop logos might have been more useful ... or please enlighten me on what I am missing.

EDIT: Aah, I think I'm getting it now ... the pool isn't meant to be viewed on its own, but it supports the Store List with its "What does this terminal look like?" links in the last column.

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Perhaps I'm having a blunt moment, but what exactly is the Pinterst picture pool good for?

SPAMming us with "you need to be logged in to use this feature" messages?

Edited by Fionalein

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hey, I feel like such a derp but when I go there all it shows me is a bunch of pictures of terminals with most of them having no indication as to what shop it is or a slurl. Is there a more cohesive list of store names? I basically see this:

jJxQX4R.png

Xhu2T4T.png

Where am I supposed to get any info on what store it is? Am I missing something here?

Even self-hosted stores need to consider switching to something else because there will be zero support after 5/31. So if when something breaks it will be a mad scramble at probably a crucial time. This is Murphy's Law Second Life after all.

The advice about redeliveries, gift cards and store credit is fine, but it's creating a panic which is taxing these vendors and I'm sure the CSRs as well. So take time to get your purchases and stuff in order, you have until 5/31.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Syn Anatine said:

Hey, I feel like such a derp but when I go there all it shows me is a bunch of pictures of terminals with most of them having no indication as to what shop it is or a slurl. Is there a more cohesive list of store names? I basically see this:

Where am I supposed to get any info on what store it is? Am I missing something here?

Each picture has the store name under it.  norajulian also posted this link that is a spreadsheet list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ywEURhRTcsiLL4-ruxF2AVQTqhG3u8UYdkDh5BcqPSI/htmlview#gid=0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Each picture has the store name under it.  norajulian also posted this link that is a spreadsheet list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ywEURhRTcsiLL4-ruxF2AVQTqhG3u8UYdkDh5BcqPSI/htmlview#gid=0

As you can see from my screenshots that is not the case for me. I literally only see the pictures, no storenames beneath it, no slurl anywhere.

Any idea how I can make that info show up? O.o for future reference!

And thank you so much for that spreadsheet link ♥

15 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

As you can see from my screenshots that is not the case for me. I literally only see the pictures, no storenames beneath it, no slurl anywhere.

On my laptop the names show. From my mobile phone I just see the pictures. So it is probably related to your device and browser settings. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Jae Villa said:

On my laptop the names show. From my mobile phone I just see the pictures. So it is probably related to your device and browser settings. 

I'm on my desktop computer not a mobile device. I'll try and figure out what's wrong on my end, I hardly ever use pinterest so I am not sure where to even start with that lol

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Thanks! I added the link you posted with the Google Drive spreadsheet (which appears to be more up-to-date than the Pinterest link in Strawberry's blog) to my own blogpost about this upcoming change: https://ryanschultz.com/2018/04/11/second-life-the-e2v-vendor-system-is-shutting-down-and-how-that-affects-you/

37 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

I get the store names under the Pinterest link when I look at it on my iPad, but NOT when I look at it on my WIndows desktop PC.

• Confused 1

One store group last night had a discussion going on ... instead of getting redeliveries like crazy from that slightly short-kept list, the CSR suggested to take screenshots of the whole page in your browser, because the address bar seems to include your key token as part of the URL.

I take it that store owners can export all their sale data, so they could still compare that specific token with their files. Yes, no, perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

One store group last night had a discussion going on ... instead of getting redeliveries like crazy from that slightly short-kept list, the CSR suggested to take screenshots of the whole page in your browser, because the address bar seems to include your key token as part of the URL.

I take it that store owners can export all their sale data, so they could still compare that specific token with their files. Yes, no, perhaps?

I saw that info last night as well but forgot about it. Thank you for posting it, I think that's a great suggestion too!

12 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I certainly don't see the harm in it. It's a good suggestion, just in case it does help with the export they will hopefully do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.