Some kind of Answer to the Land Baron problem?

Rathgrith027

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

41 minutes ago, animats said:

That could change. The tier credit of a premium account should only be usable on land that you own.

That would favor owner-occupied land over leased land. Some landlords might try dividing land into 1024m parcels, each with its own paid alt. That would be very visible, and wouldn't work in areas where you can't subdivide.

Yeah and cause many community projects to leave SL. I have seen some nice examples of group owned land done right on the SLRR.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Some over paid, under talented, web hack decided the default for the forum should be GRAY text on a PURE WHITE background, that makes the forum bloody hard for some people to read at all. So, I use bold so *I* can read my own posts clearly. If you don't like that, not my problem.

For Chrome - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/font-changer-with-google/jgjhhoglgjdklldfgoffdiaceffijeke?hl=en

Allows you to override font rendering on a site by site basis and would allow you to render ALL text on this forum in bold/bolder with a specific font if you wished. It's free.

I don't think LL cares all that much as long as someone is paying the monthly fees. I made a post last week about abandoned full regions being sold in smaller 1024 sq.m rapidly. One particular avatar who has been doing this in the continent I live on is land cutting... which is actually against TOS he is selling a piece of the land to anyone who will take the bait only for that buyer to find out there are tiny 24sq.m parcels surrounding them and that buyer is unable to enjoy the water, roads, etc unless they pay for each tiny square. This scam has been done several times once someone takes the bait the "land baron" will expand to the rest of the region. Selling abdonded land the way LL is currently is only going to perpetrate the problem and litter the mainland continents even further.  Generally a individual, land baron or not, that purchase larger parcels are more invested in the region over flipping it for a quick buck. Several of my region neighbors have all reported this land cutting going on and LL doesn't react. 

Edited by LolaSirena

• 2 weeks later...

Why are people so obsessed with Zindra? Unless you want to run a full on Stepford you don't really need land on Zindra. Half of Jeogeot is still empty, I brought half sim with dual water access for just 1L per sqm at Khinsanth

If you are worried about adult stuff, don't. Unless you are really blatantly running a slave market LL won't come over like a hawk.

12 hours ago, iamyourneighbour said:

If you are worried about adult stuff, don't. Unless you are really blatantly running a slave market LL won't come over like a hawk.

I actually know somebody who does something like that openly in an M rated mainland sim. They've been doing it for years and LL has never objected.

But really, I think LolaSirena wrapped it up nicely:

On 8.5.2018 at 9:50 PM, LolaSirena said:

I don't think LL cares all that much as long as someone is paying the monthly fees.

And that's it. Somebody pays the tier: all is well as far as Linden Lab is concerned. If LL wanted to make more "prime" mainland available to the "regular" users, they would have made more prime mainland.

15 hours ago, iamyourneighbour said:

Unless you are really blatantly running a slave market

2 hours ago, ChinRey said:

I actually know somebody who does something like that openly in an M rated mainland sim

LL allow nudity and retail/rental businesses on M Rated Madlands regions.

It's NOT selling naked slaves that's A Rated, it's what the customer might do with them AFTER they buy them that is A Rated...

As long as you encourage your customers to take their purchase someplace else after buying, it's all good...

;) 

• Like 4

Silly me, swap that for Stepford

16 hours ago, Klytyna said:

LL allow nudity and retail/rental businesses on M Rated Madlands regions.

It's NOT selling naked slaves that's A Rated, it's what the customer might do with them AFTER they buy them that is A Rated...

As long as you encourage your customers to take their purchase someplace else after buying, it's all good...

;) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.