Auto sized dress for classic avi

Espartanoo300

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello! I had a dress for my classic avi, it was very cool because it adapted to all the body sizes but I delete it... do you know the name of the auto sizable clothes for classic avis? because I had another dress but you can see patches when I use fat body...thansk!!!

5 answers to this question

You can still find lots of clothing layer style outfits, especially in the freebie stores.

Let me explain what is happening here.

The oldest type of clothing in SL is called "clothing layers".  These are textures that are painted directly on your avatar.  They always fit a classic avatar perfectly, because they are simply painted on.  This type of clothing has its own special symbols in your inventory...symbols of an undershirt, underpants, shirt, jacket, pants, gloves, or skirt.  This type of clothing does not work on mesh bodies or body parts.  You can wear up to 60 clothing layers, in any combination.  Use the Wear command to wear just one of a given type.  Use the Add command to layer another item of the same type over the first.

Layer clothing may also come with a few attachments...pant or shirt cuffs, or a collar, or a flexiprim skirt.  These give the clothes a little more volume and realism.

These days, it's more common to see "mesh" clothing.  Mesh clothing is an attachment, an actual 3D object that is attached to your avatar.  When you buy mesh clothes, the box may have several sizes.  Use the one that is the best fit for your shape.  (On the Marketplace, you can find free "standard mesh sizing" shapes that will be a pretty close match for the S, M, L, etc. sizes.) "Fitted" mesh will adjust to your shape, but even with fitted mesh, you'll also need to wear an "alpha mask" to hide the parts of your classic avatar that are covered by the clothing, to keep your body from poking through the clothes.  An alpha mask is a special kind of clothing layer.  It has the inventory symbol of a shirt with a grid pattern on it.  When worn, it makes part or all of your classic body invisible.

Mesh clothing, or indeed any attachments, all have the same inventory symbol...a little cube.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You can still find lots of clothing layer style outfits, especially in the freebie stores.

Let me explain what is happening here.

The oldest type of clothing in SL is called "clothing layers".  These are textures that are painted directly on your avatar.  They always fit a classic avatar perfectly, because they are simply painted on.  This type of clothing has its own special symbols in your inventory...symbols of an undershirt, underpants, shirt, jacket, pants, gloves, or skirt.  This type of clothing does not work on mesh bodies or body parts.  You can wear up to 60 clothing layers, in any combination.  Use the Wear command to wear just one of a given type.  Use the Add command to layer another item of the same type over the first.

Layer clothing may also come with a few attachments...pant or shirt cuffs, or a collar, or a flexiprim skirt.  These give the clothes a little more volume and realism.

These days, it's more common to see "mesh" clothing.  Mesh clothing is an attachment, an actual 3D object that is attached to your avatar.  When you buy mesh clothes, the box may have several sizes.  Use the one that is the best fit for your shape.  (On the Marketplace, you can find free "standard mesh sizing" shapes that will be a pretty close match for the S, M, L, etc. sizes.) "Fitted" mesh will adjust to your shape, but even with fitted mesh, you'll also need to wear an "alpha mask" to hide the parts of your classic avatar that are covered by the clothing, to keep your body from poking through the clothes.  An alpha mask is a special kind of clothing layer.  It has the inventory symbol of a shirt with a grid pattern on it.  When worn, it makes part or all of your classic body invisible.

Mesh clothing, or indeed any attachments, all have the same inventory symbol...a little cube.

Nice!!!Thanks for that answer...Do you know free stores where I can find some clothes like flexiprim and layers?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.