Tier price and land adjustment

greek Wingtips

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/13/2018 at 4:24 AM, Qie Niangao said:

Is this 75% more of your "ball park" math? I mean, if you'd bothered actually reading anything I said, you'd see I disagree with Greek's suggestion, but I don't see anything remotely like 75% increases.

And you're just embarrassing yourself with this constant, whining comparison of Mainland and Estate fees. To hear you tell it, they should have to pay Mainlanders to suffer the horrors of the place. It's really like the old Jewish joke about the Catskills resort where the food is bad, and such small portions.

Just responding to the color matched part above: Klytyna is spouting off about that oft pulled out chestnut concerning Premium Accounts and how they really don't cost all that much if you just save up your Linden Dollars for a whole year, cash them out before your Annual level billing date comes due and using the money gained to pay off most of your Premium Account cost.

A practice that not everyone uses nor can everyone afford or chance using.

She's had some nasty run ins with Mainland types and has said such before. She's also made the mistake of allowing those experiences to color her own thoughts/judgments on the matter as a whole.

The fact of the matter is that - much like Mainland - unless you have the cash to rent or even outright buy an entire sim ... You will have to deal with other users and their personal tastes. She can spout as often as she wants that going to a Private Island to rent a parcel is superior to being on Mainland, can claim all she wants that it is oh so simple to have problem neighbors taken care of by Management ... 

Fact of the matter is that for many places you must have a consensus among the other renters on the Sim - much the same as you would on Mainland - before Management will take action. Further adding to this incidentally is the revolving door nature of some places where renters are concerned. I've personally watched the 1/8th sim plot directly above my own 1/16th sim plot change hands several times between the start of Winter and now, to say nothing of the period prior (the last few years) nor of the other plots on the same bloody sim.

The only upsides I have seen to Private Island Ownership/Rental comes in when the Island itself starts out as a flat, grassy plane that you can terraform to your liking and the additional Land Impact allowance such a sim has over a Mainland sim. When renting from a Land Baron or similar using an Island, yes you can be given direct control over nearly all options in the Land tools ... Big bloody whoop. It's offset by the prior problems.

Oh, I did miss one plus: You don't have to worry about other users chewing you out for not allowing them to fly over/through your parcel and getting indignant when you tell them that until they're the ones paying the tier for everyone else ... They have no "right" to access your parcel.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Just responding to the color matched part above: Klytyna is spouting off about that oft pulled out chestnut concerning Premium Accounts and how they really don't cost all that much if you just save up your Linden Dollars for a whole year, cash them out before your Annual level billing date comes due and using the money gained to pay off most of your Premium Account cost.

A practice that not everyone uses nor can everyone afford or chance using.

^^ This.  I have never ever saved the stipends that Lil gets.  While I do mostly save up the stipends the alts get, given the LindeX fees, if Lil wants more L$, it makes far more sense to rob my alts first before actually buying more L$.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.