Forum Penalities

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No command and control system (forum moderation) works without intelligence (in the data-gathering sense). While it takes only a few seconds to warn or ban someone, it takes an inordinate amount of time to detect infractions. This forum, like many others, allows concealed carry in the form of "Report Post". Like it or not, LL is often the gun, not the shooter.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

wait what

Click 'ACTIVITY' in the upper bar (next to Grid Status), then click "My Activity Streams" and "Create New Stream":

image.png.0ebd23e4146bc02c44f81df47deb9d6a.png

On the new page, under Content Types, choose Topics and click the gear, then click the down arrow and select all the ones that you want.  Modify any other settings you want and give it a Stream Title - then Save Changes (bottom right)

image.png.50a6749e7f77bb1a7c303d2d1b756675.png

Then go back to ACTIVITY / My Activity Streams and select your named stream under 'Custom Streams'.  I think it will now become your default until you choose something else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Jezebel07 said:

as they are properties for sale and for rent i post them in both sale and rent mainlands ....

it might also just be as simple as that... do not post the same in both sections. If you offer rentals in sales and sales in rentals people can report it. Adjust your advertisement.

Also i see repeating pics and ads in the same post... whats the need of that? if you want to be at top of the page simply refresh your total advertisement. With more risk to be reported for spam, but you won't push old posts up to the top. Seeing that behaviour it could even be a co landlord who got tired to be pushed down by those old posts time after time.

Also since recently more forum sections are under strickter moderation, perhaps nobody else reported and mods seen it themself.

Edited by Ethan Paslong

3 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

The only thing it might be (in my opinion and just a guess)  is putting the same parcel in 2 categories could be considered spamming if someone reported it.

I wonder if posting similar or same images simultaneously in How does your avatar look today? AND The VaNiTy ThReAd would be considered spamming too.

Maybe only if the images were all water-marked and/or have links to external blog posts might they bring unwelcome attention ?

2 minutes ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

I wonder if posting similar or same images simultaneously in How does your avatar look today? AND The VaNiTy ThReAd would be considered spamming too.

Maybe only if the images were all water-marked and/or have links to external blog posts might they bring unwelcome attention ?

I think that might different because its not advertising products/services that bring the poster financial gain?   

On 9/28/2018 at 2:40 AM, Candice LittleBoots said:

I wonder if posting similar or same images simultaneously in How does your avatar look today? AND The VaNiTy ThReAd would be considered spamming too

It's super difficult to comment on moderation ?

Knowing that a few people were caught up in the estate agent spam cull there was possibly a reporting spree by someone. One imagines this could be business based. As in; someone wanted to destroy the opposition's business to boost their own, so seemingly went through and flagged all the posts in the advertising sections as spam. A governance Linden, tired, or distracted, or angry, or new, or *human* has seemingly acted on those spam reports in a way that has certainly upset the community.

One of the people caught in this is a very nice lady working for a fairly large estate whom I often rent from. She does not spam in my eyes. But she was also disciplined at the same time as the person we talk of, and others.

tldr: Governance Lindens are human and can make mistakes. Governance Lindens also have far more facts at their disposal then us.

We know those two tldr facts from Tommy Linden himself. I am pretty positive Kristin Linden would also confirm those two tldr facts.

But would they discipline someone for two photos? Who knows, but I doubt it. The only way would be if someone who had a grudge was reporting all your posts hoping something would stick and a Governance Linden made a human mistake, or had enough extra facts to show it was part of continued wrongdoing.

Edited by Callum Meriman
Trying to be very careful of my wording on this sensative topic. It's dangerous.
  • Thanks 1

The sad thing is, as it discusses specific cases this would be off topic to raise at Kristin's new governance inworld meetings except in the most general way, and a general way wouldn't get a clear reponse.

It would be lovely to know a trigger point for what constitutes forum (and group notice) spamming.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 3

I'm a bit late to this topic as it just looked like a necroposting thing from the date of the original posting but I can't see a lot wrong with Jezebel's posting either.  I've seen a whole lot worse but haven't reported any because .. where do you start?  The ads are infested with people bumping the same topic over and over, posting with nothing new, posting seven times in a day, posting with lies (new server - really?) and any number of puffing tags.  An occasional cull seems a good idea.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.