Forum Penalities

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

If you're afraid you might end up on the wrong end of that particular hammer at some point ... Use a different forum.

30 Users Like This
14 Users Agreed
40 Users Hugged You
2 Users Said Thanks
1 Russian Troll Rambled Incoherently
1 User Groaned

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

• 1 month later...

▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉.

It's important to know when the competition is doing better at something. As I point out occasionally, SL isn't that bad technically. Most of the big technical problems turn out to be accumulated bugs, once you pry open the lid and look inside at the machinery.

Edited by animats
Compliance with policy.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, animats said:

rant about a removed post

Watch out or you'll find yourself with a warning or worse, banned for a period.  Per the Forum Community Standards:

• Abuse of Moderation or Moderators: Please honor our moderation process and the decisions that come out of it; they are being made in order to provide you with a productive environment for conversations about Second Life. We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:
    • Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator
    • Posts questioning a moderator’s decision
    • Posts that discuss the status of any Resident account (e.g., on hold, suspended, etc.)
    • Frivolous or malicious use of the abuse report feature
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

Hi there ... i have been doing forums for over a year now and have done them the same way since i started .. as they are properties for sale and for rent i post them in both sale and rent mainlands .... however i got a suspension on my account for a day .. i was asked to do a support ticket  and asked if they could explain what it was that i did wrong.. I got no reply just ticket resolved .... so i thought maybe i did it under 24hrs between them and that was the reason ... so instead of listing all properties separate i put them all on the same listing ... again listed in both sale and rent and now got a 3 day ban from SL  if i was told the first time what i did wrong i would not have made the same mistake and like i said previous i have done them in the same way for almost   on a daily basis ... so why now is a issue i really dont know ... So as i am not getting anywhere with  support and still not knowing what it is i have done wrong ... i would appreciate it if anyone could explain it to me 

Many Thanks 

Bella (Jezebel07)

Edited by Jezebel07

21 minutes ago, Jezebel07 said:

Hi there ... i have been doing forums for over a year now and have done them the same way since i started .. as they are properties for sale and for rent i post them in both sale and rent mainlands .... however i got a suspension on my account for a day .. i was asked to do a support ticket  and asked if they could explain what it was that i did wrong.. I got no reply just ticket resolved .... so i thought maybe i did it under 24hrs between them and that was the reason ... so instead of listing all properties separate i put them all on the same listing ... again listed in both sale and rent and now got a 3 day ban from SL  if i was told the first time what i did wrong i would not have made the same mistake and like i said previous i have done them in the same way for almost   on a daily basis ... so why now is a issue i really dont know ... So as i am not getting anywhere with  support and still not knowing what it is i have done wrong ... i would appreciate it if anyone could explain it to me 

Many Thanks 

Bella (Jezebel07)

I just looked at your ad on skybox for rent mainland and I can't see anything wrong with it.  The only thing it might be (in my opinion and just a guess)  is putting the same parcel in 2 categories could be considered spamming if someone reported it.

55 minutes ago, Jezebel07 said:

Many Thanks 

Bella (Jezebel07)

The email that you received should have given some sort of reason in there somewhere - though it might just be a broad category type statement (like 'violation of spamming policy').  Typically that is the best you get from LL and you just have to guess on the details.  

I truly don't understand why they can't add some sort of specific comments to their canned emails when they send them out.  It is one of many frustrating things about LL communications.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

23 minutes ago, Jezebel07 said:

Exactly LittleMe i did get email and said exactly that reason was spamming but im like ive done the same thing the same way for the past year how come now it is a problem  ... but like to know how and what im spamming 

I don't think you'll ever get a specific answer.  I think a lot of times it depends on the Mods and if the posts get reported.  A while back I got a forum warning for posting the same things that I've always posted.  My guess is that someone decided to be a PITA and report my post for some reason and the Mod decided to be nit picky on it.  

Given all of that, I'd recommend that you open a Support ticket to ask for feedback on your normal posting style.  Do not reference the ban.  Simply say that you would like to ensure that you are not in violation of the posting guidelines, thus you would like to know if doing blah-blah is acceptable and if not, how would they recommend that you proceed in order to accomplish what you are wanting to do.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.