You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! Please help to make a depth gauge for the boat. I have a script that shows the depth in the form of hovertext. But I need to turn it into an analog scale with an animated arrow texture or a fixed arrow with an animated scale for one mesh prim. How would I do it better? Thank you very much!

Edited by MIVIMEX

If you do not know how to create and texture the mesh model for your object, you will need to post in the InWorld Employment forum to attract the attention of someone who can create it for you, for a price.  Once you have the model made to your specifications, you will need to write a script that takes the depth information from your current script (presumably a float variable) and converts it to something you can use to set the length of a bar in your analog scale.  There are so many different ways that you might do that, it's impossible to give you more specific advice without knowing exactly what you have in mind.  Again, though, if you are not a scripter, I suggest adding that work to the description of whatever you post in the InWorld Employment forum.  Whoever creates the object will have to write the script based on your description.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

If you do not know how to create and texture the mesh model for your object, you will need to post in the InWorld Employment forum to attract the attention of someone who can create it for you, for a price.  Once you have the model made to your specifications, you will need to write a script that takes the depth information from your current script (presumably a float variable) and converts it to something you can use to set the length of a bar in your analog scale.  There are so many different ways that you might do that, it's impossible to give you more specific advice without knowing exactly what you have in mind.  Again, though, if you are not a scripter, I suggest adding that work to the description of whatever you post in the InWorld Employment forum.  Whoever creates the object will have to write the script based on your description.

Thank you for answer! I can make mesh and texture. So its about how to make the depth affect the rotation of the texture... What is float variable?

Edited by MIVIMEX

1 minute ago, MIVIMEX said:

I can make mesh and texture. So its how to make the depth affect the rotation of the texture?

Good.  That will make it much easier to describe the project to your scripter.  Again, without knowing what your model will look like, it's very hard to predict what sort of script you will need, but the scripter you hire should be able to see what you intend it to do.  I suspect that it will be as simple as adjusting the scale and offset of a texture on one face of your model, using the depth value that your current script already determines, probably using llSetLinkPrimitiveParams with its PRIM_TEXTURE parameter.

• Like 2

Not necessarily.  Assuming that you make the arrow as a separate mesh object, all your scripter will need to do is convert the depth information into a rotation that can be used to set how far around the gauge the arrow will point.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

you already have a script taht gives you depth in hovertext.... just combine both scripts... an experienced scriptor should be able to do so on a lazy afternoon... optimzing it for sale might be another thing =^.^=

Ok, thanks, I will try to combine them. I also posted on a scripter wanted forum. If anyone interested, please, let me know!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.