HUDs not working

Dougy Darkrose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The HUDs for multiple attachments are not working on my avatar.  I have tried many solutions (disabling RLV, removing and re-attaching, logging in with different viewers, resetting avatar and rebuilding) but the problem persists.  I have had a friend log in on my computer and with my viewer, and he does not seem to have any problem.  So it does not appear to be an issue with my computer or my viewer.  I'm getting frustrated and desperate, and hoping someone might have a solution for me?

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

I presume you've already checked this, but please make sure you are on land that allows you to run scripts.

Another thing to check is if the affected account is wearing a large transparent prim on a HUD attachment point that is blocking your clicks on other HUDs.
Right click on your avatar name tag, Take off -> Detach all.
Then wear one of the affected HUDs & see if it responds to touch.

If this wasn't the problem, if you edit the affected HUD/s, go to the content tab & double click the script to open it, is the "Running" box at the bottom of the script window ticked?
If "Running" is not ticked, if the script is modify, you need to enable "Running" (tick the box).
If the script is no mod, then you won't be able to tick the Running box.

Can you remember if the broken HUDs were all worn at the time you teleported into a certain region?
A region can get into a certain state that can cause all worn scripts to be set to not running when an avatar enters that region - BUG-2364
There is also a related problem where an avatar is teleported by a script & if that teleport ends in a disconnect then all worn scripts can be set to a not running state - BUG-41379

Does this help?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Whirly, not really....  I had checked (and re-checked) the transparent prim test, and unfortunately the scripts in the HUDs are no modify so that doesn't help.  I guess maybe I went into a buggy region that has caused this to happen.  It's frustrating as the only way I think I can fix it is to redeliver the items and set them up fresh.  That will take a bit of work that I was hoping to avoid, but thank you for your help!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I presume you've already checked this, but please make sure you are on land that allows you to run scripts.

Another thing to check is if the affected account is wearing a large transparent prim on a HUD attachment point that is blocking your clicks on other HUDs.
Right click on your avatar name tag, Take off -> Detach all.
Then wear one of the affected HUDs & see if it responds to touch.

If this wasn't the problem, if you edit the affected HUD/s, go to the content tab & double click the script to open it, is the "Running" box at the bottom of the script window ticked?
If "Running" is not ticked, if the script is modify, you need to enable "Running" (tick the box).
If the script is no mod, then you won't be able to tick the Running box.

Can you remember if the broken HUDs were all worn at the time you teleported into a certain region?
A region can get into a certain state that can cause all worn scripts to be set to not running when an avatar enters that region - BUG-2364
There is also a related problem where an avatar is teleported by a script & if that teleport ends in a disconnect then all worn scripts can be set to a not running state - BUG-41379

Does this help?

Happened to me several times killing my heads and AOs, thanks for pointing this out, explains a lot

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I know the topic is a bit older, but my friend just has this same issue. Was there any solution other than going for re-deliveries of her HUD's?

If the scripts in the HUD are mod, open them & make sure the "Running" box is ticked.
If the scripts are no mod, only option is a redelivery.
If the object is no copy with no mod scripts, you're screwed.

This still happens to me several times a year. I can't believe this bug hasn't been fixed. (https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-41379) It just happened to me again today which means countless outfits are ruined. To be clear: This happens when you are force teleported (e.g. by a security orb or a region restart) to home and home is not currently available and you are logged out. The scripts running state is set to false and lots of huds and other scripted items fail to work anymore. I have to go and then replace every item I was wearing which had a script in it. This is for no - mod items so you can't set them to running yourself. It's so frustrating that this continues to happen, it never used to. I've been on SL for 11+ years and this is enough to make me quit....so painful and frustrating losing all your hard work like that.

Edited by Sarah Hastings

17 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Something to ease your pain a little...

Once you get a fresh copy of the HUD up and working again, you can use Firestorm's "Replace Link" option in your inventory to replace all the links to a broken HUD with new links to the new, working one.

oh thanks so much I was wondering if there might be a feature like that!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.