Secondlife Suggestions

Fawnne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If lindens gave us an option to pay double the premium price and get twice the value, wouldn't that be a nice twist for people.  Just imagine having twice the groups, twice the allotted property, twice the amount of weekly lindens placed in your linden account.  for me I'd be more than happy to pay twice that I am paying now per year, how about you?

36 minutes ago, Fawnne said:

If lindens gave us an option to pay double the premium price and get twice the value, wouldn't that be a nice twist for people.  Just imagine having twice the groups, twice the allotted property, twice the amount of weekly lindens placed in your linden account.  for me I'd be more than happy to pay twice that I am paying now per year, how about you?

Can't you just make an alt premium and get the same deal you suggest?

• Like 1

If lindens gave us an option to pay double the premium price and get twice the value, wouldn't that be a nice twist for people.

If Lindens gave marketing researchers double the price rather than slap this question onto a web forum, they'd get a much more reliable answer.

[Edit] Ok. Ten months from now, we'll have Double Premium.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

If Lindens gave marketing researchers double the price rather than slap this question onto a web forum, they'd get a much more reliable answer.

Saves people form creating a premium alt and donating land to group and so on ... which is basically already double premium =^.^= a double premium would just be a convenience offer. Lindens will not loose anything that way, because it is already practiced.

Edited by Fionalein

54 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Can't you just make an alt premium and get the same deal you suggest?

That's true in terms of land, but not for groups.

8 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Errr... ok. That's a peculiar find.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

That's true in terms of land, but not for groups.

i guess it depends on what you use groups for. I am not much of a shopper but I do have my alt using extra groups for business advertising purposes. (I can't handle the spam :ph34r: )

• Like 2

I guess the only benefit would be if you wanted an additional 1024 but don't want to create an alt to get it.   Guess could instead give more land options, maybe even one free parcel of 1024 at one of linden's abandoned sites and option to purchase a second 1024 with free tier max (2048).

Edited by Fawnne

56 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

i guess it depends on what you use groups for. I am not much of a shopper but I do have my alt using extra groups for business advertising purposes. (I can't handle the spam :ph34r: )

Indeed, even the 42 basic groups would be enough for almost anything if it wasn't for the shop groups....

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

I think in Ebbe's 15th year goal list it was hinted that there would be different levels of Premium, so they may really be looking for input. This suggestion, though, helps rule out a whole class of ideas that won't work: Simply adding more quantity to something a subscriber already has will only work if either

• there's a substantial quantity discount (so a "double-priced Premium" gets three or four times the goodies), or
  • it's something where quantity matters specifically to a single account (e.g., number of messages queued at login, for example -- albeit an example of limited appeal)

Another example: as much as I might want to be able to define more Experiences, I can always just use a Premium alt, so if that were an add-on, it would have to be priced much less than a second Premium account.

• Of course, they could offer a special discounted subscription rate for additional, alt accounts.
  • Or they could charge much extra for alt accounts that can exchange inventory. (As much as creators may object, the SL terms of service would give LL the ability to do that within their definition of "the service" assuming the court wouldn't recognize an "account" as a legally distinct entity for copyright purposes, wishful-thinking EULAs notwithstanding. BUT THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN AS SUCH.)
Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1

It would be nice to be able to just pay double (or maybe a bit less) for doubling the benefits, but mostly just so I wouldn't have to manage the alt accounts.  I truly only use alts for their tier and stipend, to offset the total monthly cost of having land. Other than the tier and stipend that each alt gets, the only other Premium benefit that I would like increased on my own account is the Group limit.  Using an alt for the groups that you just want to keep up on notices on is fine, but an alt doesn't help if you actually need to be in the group for the gifts and specials.

They definitely need to increase the number of groups for Premium members. 60 is not nearly enough, especially if you are an SL fashionista!

My understanding is that Linden Lab is considering levels of subscription service for Second Life, much like what they offer for Sansar. More details and discussion about all the 15th anniversary announcement on my blog:

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/03/21/second-life-15th-anniversary-announcements/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I think in Ebbe's 15th year goal list it was hinted that there would be different levels of Premium, so they may really be looking for input. This suggestion, though, helps rule out a whole class of ideas that won't work: Simply adding more quantity to something a subscriber already has will only work if either

How about the Ultra Über Premium that allows you to port your SL avatar appearance and clothing to RL? It might not be everybody's cup of tea but there might be some itnerest for that feature.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChinRey said:

How about the Ultra Über Premium that allows you to port your SL avatar appearance and clothing to RL? It might not be everybody's cup of tea but there might be some itnerest for that feature.

I do not have the RL closet space for Lil's clothing inventory.

:o

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I do not have the RL closet space for Lil's clothing inventory.

:o

Extra closet space is included in the package too. That goes without saying.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.