sitting from distance

Ernesto Perez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

What the OP is asking to do is actually really super-simple. I already have a script that can do it and it works this way via a rezzer:

Set the rezzer (perhaps a carpet) under the chair. Set the range of the sensor to 6 meters or so. The set-up would be to place an invisible cube over the chair that basically blocks any clicks on the chair (clicking on the cube, not the chair) - when sensor kicks in that an avatar is within range: derez the cube. Or vice-versa: place a dummy (scriptless) chair there and have the rezzer then rez a scripted chair in it's place.

Either solution can work with no-modify stuff. The main complaint is, obviously enough, the extra LI/prims required. But that is the cost for such functionality, right?

In the end, what the OP needs is to create an *EXPERIENCE* - that is the ONLY way to have total control of another user's inputs and movement, etc. GLWT.

Also, there is no problem to get inside this cube with remote camera and just sit.

4 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Also, there is no problem to get inside this cube with remote camera and just sit.

Well guess what? There's away to stop it, I would have almost told you, but erm... let me quote a wise man: "Use your brains!"

Edited by Fionalein

3 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Well guess what? There's away to stop it, I would have almost told you, but erm... let me quote a wise man: "Use your brains!"

What you told? You just told to put chair inside cube.....ok, it wasnt you....so what you at all told then?....ok, yes, you told me to put script inside no-mod furniture..nice.

Edited by Ernesto Perez

12 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

12 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Just tested it. This dont work. When the cube around chair is transparent, avatars can still click the chair and not cube. Also, when its not transparent, avatars then can sit not to chair but to cube and still get inside.

Then you're doing it wrong. Seriously. You are.

Solutions that are proven to work and already in-use in-world have been provided, yet you either put up a wall against them or proclaim something doesn't work (because you aren't doing it right). So I'll tell you what: You contact me in-world and for the nominal surcharge of only L$15,000 I will come and do it for you. Since you cannot do it on your own and have asked how to do it and received many working answers and still cannot do it on your own then your only recourse is to hire someone who can do it.

Many great people here, shop around, you may be able to find someone to do it for less.

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Then you're doing it wrong. Seriously. You are.

Solutions that are proven to work and already in-use in-world have been provided, yet you either put up a wall against them or proclaim something doesn't work (because you aren't doing it right). So I'll tell you what: You contact me in-world and for the nominal surcharge of only L$15,000 I will come and do it for you. Since you cannot do it on your own and have asked how to do it and received many working answers and still cannot do it on your own then your only recourse is to hire someone who can do it.

Many great people here, shop around, you may be able to find someone to do it for less.

You are lost your mind. Forget about protecting chairs with prims and asking money from non-working crap. Im absolutely agains any kind of marketing cheat. What people you are? Bunch of lunatics?

29 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

You are lost your mind. Forget about protecting chairs with prims and asking money from non-working crap. Im absolutely agains any kind of marketing cheat. What people you are? Bunch of lunatics?

I’m sorry you don’t like our advice.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Have you at all ever been in SL inworld or you just all the time was been in SL forum? Some also dont buy and sell nothing, and dont have marketplace merchant shop. Probably also dont have payment information. I have ORB where I can block avatars without payment information. They are allowed in my ORB, just remembered there is such classification. Sems its just ordinary forum here and thats all.

Edited by Ernesto Perez
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ernesto Perez said:

I already have the script. Had the response been more like (It sounds like you know what I need can you help me?" - I'd do it for free. Takes 5 minutes. But when that person is a defeatist what else can one do. If you cannot figure out that my 15k L$ offer is anything other than a sarcastic rebuke then you have issues. You may want to see a professional about that. Some people choose to make a fair attempt at positive thoughts and take positive actions. Your replies that I have seen, every one of them, speaks volumes about you. No need to respond as you are an open book with regard to attitude.

Though you have my permission to be allowed to take the last word regarding my comments. I'll save you the time: "Alyona Su you are an idiot! PLONK". There.

55 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm not. Though I'm not sure it's intended to be this way, this thread is the definition of a troll-thread. Ces-la vie.

The best way to avoid a toxic environment is to remove one's self from it, which I am now in the process of. To all the other nay-sayers (the very few of you, you know who you are, including OP): Good luck with that.

And to reiterate my entertainment, excuse my BAHAHAHA! as I run fast enough that the thread door doesn't hit me in the booty on my way out. BAHAHAHA!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:
19 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

What the OP is asking to do is actually really super-simple. I already have a script that can do it and it works this way via a rezzer:

Set the rezzer (perhaps a carpet) under the chair. Set the range of the sensor to 6 meters or so. The set-up would be to place an invisible cube over the chair that basically blocks any clicks on the chair (clicking on the cube, not the chair) - when sensor kicks in that an avatar is within range: derez the cube. Or vice-versa: place a dummy (scriptless) chair there and have the rezzer then rez a scripted chair in it's place.

Either solution can work with no-modify stuff. The main complaint is, obviously enough, the extra LI/prims required. But that is the cost for such functionality, right?

In the end, what the OP needs is to create an *EXPERIENCE* - that is the ONLY way to have total control of another user's inputs and movement, etc. GLWT.

Just tested it. This dont work. When the cube around chair is transparent, avatars can still click the chair and not cube. Also, when its not transparent, avatars then can sit not to chair but to cube and still get inside.

I don't know why I bother, discredited as I am for neither buying nor selling nor having a Marketplace store, but nonetheless, this is momentarily diverting:

Being able to sit "through" an invisible prim is always going to be possible, perhaps by camming through that prim, or even using viewer tools for direct seating on an object (RLV for example) that don't require any mouse interaction with the object. Also, not all transparency is equal, and it's possible to right-click through some transparent surfaces.

Rezzing a not-quite-transparent sit-shield would defeat transparent click-through and could be set PRIM_SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY with a one-line script to defeat sitting on the shield itself, but can't prevent the camming-through and RLV-like direct seating.

Having the rezzer rez a seat-capable chair when there's somebody present would be a good solution, but not for our current case of pre-existing no-mod furnishings. I mean, it would need to be dynamically rezzed, so either scripted to llDie on command or set temp-on-rez, either of which could be made no-mod, but not likely features of existing no-mod stuff.

It all comes down to the fact that this no-mod condition dooms this whole endeavor from the start. Seeing all the ways this fails is a textbook argument against no-mod permissions for most anything. But that's out-of-scope: we're stuck with this no-mod stuff for this situation, which means we can only at best find some half-assed work around for the fault that is in the furniture itself: it offers a seating position in conditions when one isn't wanted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Have you at all ever been in SL inworld or you just all the time was been in SL forum? Some also dont buy and sell nothing, and dont have marketplace merchant shop. Probably also dont have payment information. I have ORB where I can block avatars without payment information. They are allowed in my ORB, just remembered there is such classification. Sems its just ordinary forum here and thats all.

Haha, I have payment info, and own a full mainland adult region. Not everyone buys and sells. You’re very new! I hope are able to answer your questions about Second Life.

Yes, I go inworld. There are pictures on this Forum showing me inworld last weekend. (I was testing Bakes-On-Mesh.)

I hope you are enjoying your Second Life!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

don't spend your time on this... all his threads start as quesiton, but derail as soon there are things posted he doesn't like, or not understands..

The main reason I stayed in for a while was others might want something similar.

So the idea as I understand it, is to put an not-quite-transparent phantom cube in the same physical space (not “above”) as the chair, this will prevent anyone from clicking “sit here” on the chair itself. And set that cube for PRIM_SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY via script.

Is that correct?

If so, you could make a rezzer to re-create this cube over your “throne” in the right spot when you’re not around.

Yes, thats true - you can make also "not very much transparent but almost". Then you cant click to sit. Also you must design cage as avatar cant sit on cage. BUT...you can still drive with camera inside this cage and still sit there. When you control camera very exactly, its possibel. BUT after all, its anyway crazy idea, because when you start making cages for every furniture object, you get tired at all from SL. But anyway thanks you all for help. Right now I control doors with central server (whitelist) and put up ORB, Triple Labs GWS. And made exact corners inside rooms that I want to lock with doors (so, ORB dont kick out other rooms customers). Triple Labs GWS ORB system (server, orb,slave-orb,group-orb,corner-maker, collision-orb,and HUD of course) is very powerful and probably the best ORB in market. I really love it, I feel its programmed with old-school precision. It cost 6000 L, but I dont doubt no second to buy it. I suggest it for all.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Triple-Labs-GRID-WIDE-Security-System-Unlimited-Orbs-Unlimited-Sims-Unlimited-Ban-List-GWS-Security-Systems/462770

Edited by Ernesto Perez

18 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Yes, thats true - you can make also "not very much transparent but almost". Then you cant click to sit. Also you must design cage as avatar cant sit on cage. BUT...you can still drive with camera inside this cage and still sit there. When you control camera very exactly, its possibel. BUT after all, its anyway crazy idea, because when you start making cages for every furniture object, you get tired at all from SL. But anyway thanks you all for help. Right now I control doors with central server (whitelist) and put up ORB, Triple Labs GWS. And made exact corners inside rooms that I want to lock with doors (so, ORB dont kick out other rooms customers). Triple Labs GWS ORB system (server, orb,slave-orb,group-orb,corner-maker, collision-orb,and HUD of course) is very powerful and probably the best ORB in market. I really love it, I feel its programmed with old-school precision. It cost 6000 L, but I dont doubt no second to buy it. I suggest it for all.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Triple-Labs-GRID-WIDE-Security-System-Unlimited-Orbs-Unlimited-Sims-Unlimited-Ban-List-GWS-Security-Systems/462770

I'm stunned you found the same solution as previous responders had already given you. I'm even more surprised you accepted it as a solution. Nevertheless, I'm happy for you and hope you will in the future stop waving away the answers to your questions just because you think you are superior to others.  

38 minutes ago, Elijah Pyrithea said:

I'm stunned you found the same solution as previous responders had already given you. I'm even more surprised you accepted it as a solution. Nevertheless, I'm happy for you and hope you will in the future stop waving away the answers to your questions just because you think you are superior to others.  

No, Im not superior. I just pay lots of money for SL and I want to get back quality entertainment. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.