Library in my Inventory, using the avatar components

Zoanon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The Library in my Inventory contains whole Linden avatars with clothing and attachments but I cannot access them. I tried copying from Library to Inventory. No. I tried wearing the avatars from the Library. No. I tried cutting and pasting the avatar components from Library to Inventory. No.

How do I access the contents of my Library? Why is it there?

The avatars I mean are in Library / Clothing / Initial Outfits

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zoanon said:

The Library in my Inventory contains whole Linden avatars with clothing and attachments but I cannot access them. I tried copying from Library to Inventory. No. I tried wearing the avatars from the Library. No. I tried cutting and pasting the avatar components from Library to Inventory. No.

How do I access the contents of my Library? Why is it there?

The avatars I mean are in Library / Clothing / Initial Outfits

For some odd reason we can't seem to pull most of these individual pieces out.  However, you can right click any full avatar folder listed there and do a 'replace outfit' which will then copy the entire thing into your clothing folder.  Then you can put your regular self back on and use which pieces of the copied avatar you'd like.

A while back, I did the 'replace outfit' for every avatar folder in the Library, just so I could get folders of everything to pick through. There are actually a few nice pieces in there.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For some odd reason we can't seem to pull most of these individual pieces out.  However, you can right click any full avatar folder listed there and do a 'replace outfit' which will then copy the entire thing into your clothing folder.  Then you can put your regular self back on and use which pieces of the copied avatar you'd like.

A while back, I did the 'replace outfit' for every avatar folder in the Library, just so I could get folders of everything to pick through. There are actually a few nice pieces in there.

Yes, I always thought that this was odd too. There's a really nice pair of black pumps that one of the vampire avatars has, and in order to get it, I had to load that particular avatar, then remove everything I didn't want and add what I did want! Counter-intuitive.

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Apparently it never dawned on LL that anyone might want to

Remember... Most often as not, the Linden that will come up with these things will be one who NEVER logs into the main grid at all, doesn't HAVE a SecondLife, and only uses the beta grid for maybe 10-20 mins a week...

Like the guy back in 2014 who left the RC channels crippled so half your prim hair, half your prim skirt, half of each prim boot/shoe, the paving you stood on and the people around you were invisible, for best part of 8 weeks,  because he was trying to improve the appearance of buildings OUTSIDE your draw distance...

You can bet his 20 mins on the beta grid in a 2003 no attachments avi, all alone with some rezzed cubes for testing didn't show the problems everyone on the RC channels discovered when the RC server builds went live.

Most employees in IT based businesses don't really do IT stuff for fun outside work...

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.