Issues with rezzing/coloring

Deann3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure if this is a server issue or a viewer issue so i'll just tag both of them and pop it in here. Lately, regardless of which of my alts I'm using I'm noticing a number of Avatars who are all one color - say blue, green, pink, etc. At first i thought it was just a rez issue, but then i got curious and started checking profiles as well as talking to people. A couple of things popped up - 1) they were older Avatars (over eight years old); 2), they were using older skins and 3) some - some, not all, but some - were using firestorm complete with the latest updates there. Also, one of the people i was speaking to last night said he doesn't use mesh skins/clothing.

So, from observation, it would seem like there's an issue with compatibility somewhere. Precisely where - who knows - but it's somewhere. Especially, when it's affecting older avatars/skins and those who are using firestorm. So far as i am aware, it's not affecting my avatars - but then again, they are all fairly new. At least no one has said they're seeing me as a one-colored female shape.

3 hours ago, Deann3 said:

Jelly dolls? when did that become a feature. This the first i've heard about it.

Obviously August 2016 by my post date :D

I stand corrected (maybe as I didn't read the article) but looks like from Whirly's addition that it was before that date :D 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Obviously August 2016 by my post date :D

I stand corrected (maybe as I didn't read the article) but looks like from Whirly's addition that it was before that date :D

If you'd been using Black Drogon, you could have experimented with the Autoblobs back in Jan or Feb 2016...

I remember when it finally appeared in FS... Summer of 16, and all the FS users around me were "I updated my FS and the avi rendering is broken!" and I'd have to explain what was happening, haha.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.